NBA 2023-24

Miami looked and played like an 8th seed hoping to keep it close.  Boston looked and played like they had this game as a better overall team.

I know the media wants Butler and Bam to be "superstars"..... but man they just showed again that it's NBA wishful thinking.  

At one point late in the 3rd quarter, they were a combined 4-27 (something like that) and both looked timid and awfully average.  

Boston is the better team and played like it, again.  Game 7 at home now.  Although, I did see a lot of body contact from Boston against Miami that would normally be called a touch foul in NBA home games, but didn't.  That usually helps a team out.  I am somewhat glad the officials mysteriously swallowed their whistles.  If this was the Spurs or Lakers playing at home - no way that happens.  

And my quirky vent is this.......  Hey Miami, 2023 is calling.... will you please stop making the fans wear a white T-shirt at the game for a white-out atmosphere ??!?!!!!!  This isn't 2005 and the trend stopped long ago.  For as much as a ticket cost to a playoff game, and if you and your girl get dressed up for those close seats, let them wear whatever they wear and not have them pull on a white t-shirt over it.   Just stop - full stop.  Let the fans spend the super money on tickets, cheer, and wear whatever they want to the game and look and feel fabulous.  Stupid white out white t-shirt is dumb.  And the blue-outs and yellow-outs too.  

I get a lot of joy watching the Lakers win.   But man there is just something special about watching the team I hate lose in embarrassing fashion on their home court.   Man that is just ... wow.

And at what point does someone on the c's staff say 'you know what? we suck at the 3 tonight, let's attack the rim on every possession'?   There offense was awful, even more so when they can't hit the ocean from the boat.

Nuggs in 5.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is an insane stat. 

He is seeking his 10th finals win. This means he is 9-9 in the finals as an executive, coach, or player. 

Only K.C Jones, Tommy Heinsohn, Bill Russell, Phil Jackson, and Red Auerbach have won more combined.

If the Heat win, he will tie KC Jones and Tommy Heinsohn. 

I believe the Nuggets take the series, but the Heat might surprise some people and force it to 6 or 7. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, sho said:

I get a lot of joy watching the Lakers win.   But man there is just something special about watching the team I hate lose in embarrassing fashion on their home court.   Man that is just ... wow.

And at what point does someone on the c's staff say 'you know what? we suck at the 3 tonight, let's attack the rim on every possession'?   There offense was awful, even more so when they can't hit the ocean from the boat.

Nuggs in 5.

The Celtics coach sure seems to not have those answers.  To basic, easy questions like what you suggested.  I would not retain him for next year.  

OIF.9U3HXOc943qHIah6CSZJ2g?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

2 hours ago, sho said:

Nuggs in 5.

The Celtics had every chance and reason to make in-game adjustments, and they simply didn't. 

I'm not cruel by nature, but losing Game 7 in a blowout on your home court is surely worse than if the Heat had won 4-2 in a close game 6, and I kind of enjoyed the fan cutaway shots. Because it was suddenly a historic game, everyone was watching and now the Celtics are expected to commit $600 million in contracts to Tatum and Brown who both disappeared in multiple big games. There's some bad mojo in that franchise this morning. 

• Plus1 1

Still......isn't it funny how the narrative changed? Celtics after 3 games were a complete embarrassment, exposed by a Heat team that had no quit and let down by their superstars.

Then Celtics win three games in a row, everyone agrees they were the most talented team, Tatum is once again the Man, and the Celtics are about to make history. Maybe the 0-3 rally makes them even MORE special.

Then Celtics lose game 7 and it's back to zero. Or worse.

And Miami regains it's nearly squandered reputation as ice in the veins closers. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'll never understand the NBA and the cultural norm of firing successful coaches.

It didn't used to be this bad.  A lot less patience in the last few years. And the last month has been really nuts.

It's not just firing successful coaches, it's have the same guys constantly recycling to other teams, probably for more money. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

That is an insane stat. 

He is seeking his 10th finals win. This means he is 9-9 in the finals as an executive, coach, or player. 

Only K.C Jones, Tommy Heinsohn, Bill Russell, Phil Jackson, and Red Auerbach have won more combined.

If the Heat win, he will tie KC Jones and Tommy Heinsohn. 

I believe the Nuggets take the series, but the Heat might surprise some people and force it to 6 or 7. 

Also drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Fun fact. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24