NBA 2023-24

7 hours ago, sho said:

Interesting.  I haven't listened to Dray's podcast.  His and the 'All the Smoke' podcast with Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson are podcasts I keep thinking I want to check out, just not sure which ones to cut from my current rotation to add more.

Nice!  I would encourage you to please watch some......  grab a bucket of KFC Fried Chicken (or whatever grub you like) and watch Matt Barnes/Stephen Jackson podcast..... And also Draymond Green's.   Why? Because they are good listeners towards their guest host, they don't bring everything back to "in their day... when we played...." BS.   And I've only seen 4 of Dray's podcast and he really speak from his heart.  

These are my fav 2 podcast shows, slight lean towards Barnes & Jackson.  Crazy to believe, but give it an honest chance.  :thumbs  It's not too bad !

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

82 games is too many. I don't think it's a "too soft" issue, either, it's ground down great players for years. Popovich figured out his own workaround, and didn't really care what the League had to say. It's still about money, because it always is.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1274038-why-nbas-82-game-schedule-is-overkill-for-fans-and-players#:~:text=82 Games Schedule Is About Revenue%2C Not Players or Fans&text=The fact of the matter,amount of in-season injuries. 

Kinda Sorta Maybe......  but I don't really think 82 is too many.  The playoffs get dragged out forever, so it does feel that way.  I do agree that it should be around 65 if....... if The League and The TV Networks continue to use 7 game series and drag the playoffs for 60 extra days or so. 

65 game schedule.  Conf Finals and Championships should be 7 game series.  First round best of 3.  Second round best of 5.  Just cut to the chase instead of hanging on for Sports Talk (Media and Radio) to rabble on and on each day with the long playoffs, reactions, and possible outcomes.  Put some MLB baseball on instead :)

As for Popovich and the Spurs, they been fined a lot for sitting down stars.  Why?  Because NBA tickets are dirt cheap, fans want to go see a game and see their guys playing.

Nobody wants to go see Journey playing live for $85 dollars per ticket and Steve Perry isn't singing....... instead, Jackie Chan is.  It's not bad, but it's not the same for the value of your bucks. 

• Plus1 1

The players complain about the length of the season and the back to back games, but I'm betting they don't take a salary cut when fewer games mean less revenue. 

It's the networks that make these guys multi-millionaires, not the fans who show up at the arena. That's why networks get to call the shots. 

I believe the 3 days between games soured the Nuggets momentum going into game 2.  A competitive athlete wants to play again right away.  You won the first game of the Series and can't wait to play again. But you have to, per NBA scheduling standards and TV agreement.

Seriously, Thurs & Saturday would have been more beneficial for the home team.  And the visiting team would have been ready to go to.  

Playing Thursday and then waiting around until (yawn) Sunday takes away some of the fire IMO.  Seriously, Saturday game night is fire and Sunday game night is a bit dopey.  

The NBA does this every year. 

And even though Miami rightfully won the game, it is a stupid concept to play game 2 on a Sunday evening after 3 days off.  It's part of the problem I have with the League's format.  Would the home base be more excited to cheer on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday evening before Monday's morning workday?  You bet your a$$ 10000% ! that Saturday night is more fun to look forward to.  

I would appreciate it if the NBA stops scheduling it like this - and I don't care why or who or how or whatever reason they & the Networks use this format.  This is the Championship Series to declare an NBA champion.  This is what they play for since the season starts.  Good grief, please stop getting in the way of that.  And making these off days drag on until game 3.  This is not a "product of entertainment"......... This is the Championship.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

The first....   more like "THE ONLY" time this has ever happened in the NBA Finals - EVER

NBA's greatest players that never ever did this - 

Kobe

LeBron

Durrant

Steph Curry

Shaq

Jordan

Bird

Magic

Olajuwon

etc, etc, etc....

Nobody.  

It is not the first time. 

It is THE only time it has been done.

Nikoa Jokic

The greatest compliment is to say someone's name and it is the most important thing you can say, in any language - Dale Carnegie (*This is not word for word, but ballpark phrase)

The Joker (3 syllables)....  Jokic (Yo-Kitch - 2 syllables)

How hard is it to say that?  Especially if you get paid tons of money to speak ???

If you do not respect someone, you will say their name however you want, or cling onto a nickname.

By the way....... The name Kobe looks like "Robe"...... But somehow these fools learned how to say "Co-Beee".  

Show some respect.  Say Jokic's name correctly every time, and Doncic's, and Nowitzki and Antetokounmpo.   Tired of yall making millions and don't want to pronounce and say their name correctly with NBA respect.  Every day.

Kendrick Perkins claims First Take 'hearing from my lawyer' after ...

Stephen A. and Mike Wilbon on whether KD ‘forgot’ to put Russ in his ...

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, admo said:

The first....   more like "THE ONLY" time this has ever happened in the NBA Finals - EVER

NBA's greatest players that never ever did this - 

Kobe

LeBron

Durrant

Steph Curry

Shaq

Jordan

Bird

Magic

Olajuwon

etc, etc, etc....

Nobody.  

It is not the first time. 

It is THE only time it has been done.

Nikoa Jokic

Most of the guys you listed would never have a chance to do this.   Players like Wilt, Hakeem, Bill Walton and Kareem would be my guesses to who would have been the closest to doing this in the past.   Most players like your list just are never going to get that many rebounds and that was never their role in their systems.   Shaq, could have, but in a Finals game, I can't see him passing it 10 times.   :lol:

Most have never seen him play in his prime, but reports are we are seeing the closest to what a prime Arvydas Sabonis was like, what could have been if he would have had the chance to come to the NBA earlier.

That said, people talking about Wembanyama being a unicorn coming next year, I counter that we already have a unicorn in Jokic.   While he's a decent defender and not athletic at all, he is hands down the best player in the league right now.   I hope he can be the start of the trend where we have skilled big man that can post up, stretch the floor, and be the de-facto QB of the offense.   Tired of seeing wannabe Steph's and Klay's.  I'd much rather see poor man version of Jokic taking over the NBA going forward.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I feel fairly confident that those mean the same thing.

It is.  Except we hear all the time from tweets - almost monthly in sports......"He is the first player to do <insert phenomenal stat>  ....... (then wait for it).... since..... <year/player> did it 

So that is my beef.  I hear it too often in that format and this feels glossed over.  Maybe I just noticed things a bit too much and ruin it for everyone else :lol:

I will bow down and exit now!

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24