NBA 2023-24

On 12/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, sho said:

Lakers are starting to play some decent ball.  Russ has really embraced coming off the bench and his new role.   AD playing MVP level the last 2 weeks or so.   Might have a chance for they play in if they keep building on this.

I think the Lakers are more dangerous now that people have written them off.

Although they have ALWAYS been dangerous as long as Anthony Davis is healthy, which has been pretty spotty for years. 

It't not a knock on LeBron, but he really needs another superstar.  Russ is better with the pressure off. 

The West is loaded but they're also knocking each other off, so Lakers have more than a chance to slowly right the ship. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the Lakers are more dangerous now that people have written them off.

Although they have ALWAYS been dangerous as long as Anthony Davis is healthy, which has been pretty spotty for years. 

It't not a knock on LeBron, but he really needs another superstar.  Russ is better with the pressure off. 

The West is loaded but they're also knocking each other off, so Lakers have more than a chance to slowly right the ship. 

Lakers have a chance at making the play in. That’s pretty much it. Nola, Memphis, Portland, Denver, LAC, Phoenix, Golden St. all have better rosters.  Dallas is riding Luka to the playoffs. Better hope Utah or Sacramento hit a cliff. Lakers have a hole to climb out of, and I’d bet Lebron or AD or both will break down before they do. 

• 3 weeks later...

That performance by the Nuggets last night was amazing, and I even got to see it on TV locally; shocking! They just dismantled the Clippers, and the great thing was that they didn't even need Jokic to do much. When they are clicking like that, they can beat anyone. Great time to be a Nuggets fan! 

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 4:04 PM, AZRaiderH8r said:

That performance by the Nuggets last night was amazing, and I even got to see it on TV locally; shocking! They just dismantled the Clippers, and the great thing was that they didn't even need Jokic to do much. When they are clicking like that, they can beat anyone. Great time to be a Nuggets fan! 

Then came back and pounded the Cavs the next night. Denver has maybe the best starting 5 in the league and they play a fun half court offense. Lots of off-ball movement and passing. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24