NBA 2023-24

7 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Until you people have to live with the ownership of Cleveland, I want no complaining about your owners!

:D

LMBO I feel ya, but I also remember when there was "Cavs For Mavs" when we played the Heat :w00t  And then we reciprocated it "Mavs For Cavs" when yall played Golder State chuckleshuffle

5 hours ago, sho said:

I'm just glad he did, so the Lakers didn't fall on that sword.   Love what the Lakers were able to receive after yeeting out Russ.   Now if they could figure out a way to stay off the IR, it would be even better.

Lakers wanted him, but Nets refused it, and good for you guys.  Yall definitely put a better team on the floor with your new guys and cutting ties with Westbrook.  Yall actually play smoothly together.  

As for injuries, it really stinks that LeBron will be out for a week or two with his injury.  But, yall might come together without him during this time.  

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Lakers.  Even though there were some players on the team in years past that I did not care for at all.  But, It's the Lakers.

Side Note:  

I grew up loving the Lakers and NBA during the 1980s, and that is how I had so much respect for Larry Bird and what he did for the league.... Even though I wasn't a big fan at the time, I Thought he was better than Magic and Jordan until his back gave out, Magic got sick, and Jordan took it to a new level (competing against Gary Payton, Barkley and Mailman for MVPs and titles).  

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Amazing :worship:worship:worship  

Watched a story on Wilt recently, and in this game David Budd (opposing player on Knicks) said that Wilt would score and say "that's 60"... "that's 82"... "that's ..."  and Wilt knew exactly how many he was scoring after each bucket and free throw...  But also, that no one knew (fans) except the players in the game and the stat keeper.  They were all amazed.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I remember hearing some of these conspiracy stories before but I've never figured out how they have any credibility.  Not that conspiracy theories have to have credibility to be believed.  But apparently I don't get on TikTok enough.

I loooove conspiracy theories, as fun-thinking possibilities (and that's all to be honest).

IMHO people who were not live witnesses of something extraordinary happening, have difficulty with understanding that something amazing did occur when those same people did not see it in human flesh. So it did not happen lol....

It's the same ol' tune that some people claim they have to "See it to believe it " and/or say "prove it to me" 

Well....

Philadelphia 169 

New York 147

Warriors vs Knicks, March 2, 1962 | Basketball-Reference.com

• Plus1 2

ESPN co-producer Stephen A. Smith is a two-faced b!^@h.  

Ja Morant will miss "2 games" from a gun incident.  Huge story.  

Stephen A. Smith addressed it with a very soft-spoken tone, looked at the camera to speak to Morant (a Multi-Millionaire in the NBA), like a kind father-figure...... and the first thing he said was "Ja Morant, you are a Superstar".....  followed by rabble rabble.  He even started off with talking about Allen Iverson 20 years ago.... for why???

This kind of reporting, response and reaction needs to end.  

ESPN picks and chooses who their NBA/NFL friends are and what is ok to say, and with what tone and inflections they choose to say it.  They can also get vocally loud and animated about players they do not like, but in this case, about Ja Morant and a gun, it was soft spoken and understanding.  Coaching up the NBA millionaire. 

I don't even wonder how it would be if a gun incident occurred from Lukka or Giannis or Nikola Jokic instead.  Stephen A. Smith and others would scream at them through the LCD TV and subwoofers.  

I'm sorry about the rant.  Tired of the ESPN s#!t.

• TBH 1

Agree 100% @admo. Stephen A. has been an a$$ hat for quite a while; it still amazes me that he's considered an "expert" on the NBA. Ja is looking at a potential 50 game suspension by the NBA now, I wonder how Stephen A. feels about that?

And for all of the talk about stat padding for Jokic's triple doubles, will Kendrick Perkins have something to say about what Giannis did yesterday? The NBA is crazy with the double standards that they have. 

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Agree 100% @admo. Stephen A. has been an a$$ hat for quite a while; it still amazes me that he's considered an "expert" on the NBA. Ja is looking at a potential 50 game suspension by the NBA now, I wonder how Stephen A. feels about that?

And for all of the talk about stat padding for Jokic's triple doubles, will Kendrick Perkins have something to say about what Giannis did yesterday? The NBA is crazy with the double standards that they have. 

He's an asshat and bad for entertainment value, esp as co-producer.  :facepalm:

Against the Suns yesterday, Dallas lost to them by 2 points in the final minute.  The whole buildup was Durant and Booker and Kyrie.  All game.

I know Hubie Brown was good back in the day, as an NBA coach and also as an NBA analyst, but he f#&%ed up twice and called Doncic "Jokic"  :facepalm:

Luka Doncic - NBA superstar

Nikola Jokic - Different NBA superstar

Would anyone on a broadcast call LeBron "LaMelo" ???!!!!!!?!!  How do you f#&% that up?!!  LOL :dumdum

#No respect NBA, TNT, ESPN 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little disappointed, leaving Tuesday to go to Chicago for the Lakers game and it sounds like LeBron will miss the game.   As a fan of the team, I want him healthy and ready to go to hopefully make a run for the playoffs, but selfishly, I very rarely get the chance to go their games, and wish he would have the Kobe mentality of playing. 

"People don't know this, but one of the reasons my husband played through injuries and pain was because he said he remembered being a little kid, sitting in the nosebleeds with his dad to watch his favorite player [Michael Jordan] play."

"Kobe didn't want to disappoint his fans, especially the ones in the 300 sections that saved up to watch him play."

"I remember asking him why he couldn't just sit a game out because he was hurting. he said, 'what about the fans that saved up to watch me play just once?' He never forgot about his fans." - Vanessa Bryant

• Plus1 2
On 3/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, sho said:

Little disappointed, leaving Tuesday to go to Chicago for the Lakers game and it sounds like LeBron will miss the game.   As a fan of the team, I want him healthy and ready to go to hopefully make a run for the playoffs, but selfishly, I very rarely get the chance to go their games, and wish he would have the Kobe mentality of playing. 

He played Sunday.  Seems like you're going to be able to see him play on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

He played Sunday.  Seems like you're going to be able to see him play on Wednesday.

I reverse jinxed it.   :P   He was upgraded hours after I 'vented' he was going to most likely miss the game.   hahaha

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24