Your Predictions For The West

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

OU and Iowa.

but I wouldn’t bet money on either!

Sadly, I will be betting money!

I think that OU game, if they win it, is huge and will change the season.

that will make them 4-0, ranked in the top 20 for sure and probably gets them to 6-0 going to Purdue who could be 6-0 or 5-1.

Imagine College Gameday being at Purdue!

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sadly, I will be betting money!

I think that OU game, if they win it, is huge and will change the season.

that will make them 4-0, ranked in the top 20 for sure and probably gets them to 6-0 going to Purdue who could be 6-0 or 5-1.

Imagine College Gameday being at Purdue!

If we are 5-1 or 6-0 going into Purdue, will that mean we are "good" in others mind?

28 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

If we are 5-1 or 6-0 going into Purdue, will that mean we are "good" in others mind?

I don't think so, not nationally anyway.  NU is soooooooooo far off from the top that they won't matter yet, not at 6-0.

I think if they get to 9-0...there will be chatter that they are good.  

I think that is why NU is still NU...Like lame a$$ Iowa can be 9-0 and no one cares because they know they suck and it is iowa.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Not when you're playing NW, North Dakota, Georgia Southern, Indiana & Rutgers.

When I pick the season record I'm in the 5-7 area based on all we've seen the last 4 years.

But when I look at those first 6 games I just can't get it out of my mind we should be 5-1 at worst or 6-0 if we are lucky.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Nebraska giving a guy a chance to produce more wins only to fire him when he produces twice as many wins would be the most Nebraska thing ever.

the fact that six wins in year five would be frosts best record at Nebraska isn't much to write home about, but it might keep his job,

it's not really a Nebraska thing. Somebody ran the numbers last year and no other school posting something comparable to Frost's four year record retained the head coach for year five.

If going 3-9 allows you to cheer anything better as progress, then brilliant move I guess.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

the fact that six wins in year five would be frosts best record at Nebraska isn't much to write home about, but it might keep his job,

it's not really a Nebraska thing. Somebody ran the numbers last year and no other school posting something comparable to Frost's four year record retained the head coach for year five.

If going 3-9 allows you to cheer anything better as progress, then brilliant move I guess.

If we're going to fire him for winning twice as many games as last year what was point of keeping him at all?  

Why keep him to see if he can get things moving in the right direction only to fire him the instant it starts moving in the right direction?

• Plus1 3

If we're going to fire him for winning twice as many games as last year what was point of keeping him at all?  

Why keep him to see if he can get things moving in the right direction only to fire him the instant it starts moving in the right direction?

In 2016 the Huskers were 9-2 under Mike Riley.  Since W-L matter (in today's arguments) and not context, that is pretty darn good.  Probably a contract extension would be discussed?

But, he wasn't from Nebraska, so.....  And he got the blame for 2018, 2019, 2020 (from the whole state) so it seems.  

9-2 - Just win, who cares! That's all I here.  Just win lol.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, admo said:

In 2016 the Huskers were 9-2 under Mike Riley

It's like we're living in a very long episode of the Twilight Zone where the fanbase to my favorite sports team hates winning.  Start 0-6 for the first time in school history?  No problem!  Finish with a record slightly worse than the worst 4-8 team of all time? Wonderful!  Win enough to get to a bowl game for the first time in 6 years?  Fire the sumb!^@h!

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

It's like we're living in a very long episode of the Twilight Zone where the fanbase to my favorite sports team hates winning.  Start 0-6 for the first time in school history?  No problem!  Finish with a record slightly worse than the worst 4-8 team of all time? Wonderful!  Win enough to get to a bowl game for the first time in 6 years?  Fire the sumb!^@h!

Last year Indiana, Northwestern and Rutgers combined to go 3-27 in the Big Ten.  We play 3-9 Georgia Southern and an FCS North Dakota team that went 5-6.  And yet people are worried about achieving 6 wins this year... and that winning these games means we are progressing.  I mean, if we cannot win 7 games this year (toss in Illinois and anybody else), maybe a new direction for the program is undeniably needed.  :dunno

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, The Dude said:

To save money, duh.

• Haha 1

Frost was not canned because Trev knows that if Frost can just be Bo...NU fans will be happy for life.

Never again will Husker fans b!^@h and cry about "just 9 wins" if it is Frost winning those 9 games.  

Winning 9 games in the West SHOULD be easy for any coach at NU and trev knows that.

• Plus1 1