Your Predictions For The West

If someone back in 1997 told me that in 2022 Kansas will be 5-0 and ranked 19th and we will be 2-3 and have not been to a bowl or ranked in 5 years, I would have had them hospitalized for head trauma but here we are. Everything is possible curtesy to Frost and Riley. So, if that can happen, anything is possible in the weak West. Bret Bielema is the best coach in the Big west. 

• Haha 1

Minnesota's coming off a 20-10 loss to Purdue. I'm really surprised they could only get 10 points on the board.

They get a bye week and then play Illinois on 10/15. That should be a pretty good game that could set one of those two teams up for winning the division.

But if we beat Rutgers & Purdue...

35 minutes ago, Undone said:

Minnesota's coming off a 20-10 loss to Purdue. I'm really surprised they could only get 10 points on the board.

They get a bye week and then play Illinois on 10/15. That should be a pretty good game that could set one of those two teams up for winning the division.

But if we beat Rutgers & Purdue...

Minnesota dropped a TD pass in the end zone, which turned into a Purdue INT.  That basically turned the whole game in Purdue's favor.  I am surprised that Minny's offense dropped off so much without Mo Ibraham, but that's what happens when a team depends on a 30-year old college running back.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Illini alums bought 1000 tickets and are giving them away for free today...for their homecoming game this weekend against Iowa.

That is awesome that they did that but sort of sad that they have to do that.

My next door neighbor is a big sports buff. We meet on the street every day and talk sports. He came over for the 49ers game last night. He went to Illinois and I asked him what he thought about the Wisconsin game. He didn't even know Illinois had won.  I asked him how he could become so disengaged from Illinois football and he said "years and years of experience." 

• Haha 1