Your Predictions For The West

Going into the Mich game, 7-2 (or 8-1).  Looking at everything we have added, and the easy schedule, 6-3 at that point would feel disappointing.  

Last 3 games is a tough stretch for anyone, so probably 1-2?  

Finishing 8-4 or 9-3.  Top 2 in the West for, but Huskers could pull it out and win the West.

im gonna go out on a limb and say we finish tied 1st or 2nd in the west and it comes down to a head2head tiebreak for conf title game entry.

With both wisconsin and iowa needing to play ohio state, that seems like a 1 win advantage for us

absolutely critical that all conf games besides wisconsin/iowa/michigan we walk away with a win.... Northwestern, illinois, rutgers and indiana need to be convincing wins. Purdue and minnesota, its about time we wake the f#&% up as a program and not have an embarrassing stumble against these 2.... and then we need to go 1-2 at a minimum against Michigan, wisc and iowa... im optimistic we can go 2-1 with the most likely loss being michigan... shoulda beaten them last year... hopefully a more competent offense and special teams play turns those MSU/Mich type losses into big wins for the progrum this year.

No one in the west looks that great this year, its for the taking.  Easier schedule plus position coaches that actually have a D1 track record and seem to drive accountability can equate to a massive uptick

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

...but I think he needed to make some changes to get to the next step. He wasn't given that chance unfortunately.

Right...as opposed to Frost, who needed help in seeing that he needed to make "some changes" to keep from going 3-9 and have any hope of even hauling in a .500 season here.

• Plus1 1

As the preseason articles come out, I'm starting to feel more positive about the season.

But before I get too drunk on the koolaid, , my prediction is MJ is acting as interim coach by Nov 1st.  

NU finishes in the bottom half with a 5-7 record...

I suck.  I know.  My name shouldn't be "funhusker"...

08/27 @ NorthwesternW 

09/03 North Dakota W 

09/10 Georgia Southern W

09/17 Oklahoma L

10/01 Indiana W

10/07 @ Rutgers W

10/15 @ Purdue L

10/29 Illinois W

11/05 Minnesota L

11/12 @ Michigan L

11/19 Wisconsin L

11/25 @ Iowa L

6-6, bowl qualifier. They win their bowl game and Frost is given another year since they showed "progress."

Better watch out for NW in the opener... that game will be much closer than people think.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

08/27 @ NorthwesternW 

09/03 North Dakota W 

09/10 Georgia Southern W

09/17 Oklahoma L

10/01 Indiana W

10/07 @ Rutgers W

10/15 @ Purdue L

10/29 Illinois W

11/05 Minnesota L

11/12 @ Michigan L

11/19 Wisconsin L

11/25 @ Iowa L

6-6, bowl qualifier. They win their bowl game and Frost is given another year since they showed "progress."

Better watch out for NW in the opener... that game will be much closer than people think.

If the year unfolds as you've documented I dont see frosty getting another shot.  Ending the year with 4 losses, extending the losing streak against iowa and wisconsin, to me, shows zero progress and the Mickey Joseph era prolly begins come the first week of December

• Plus1 3

After last year, I really don't know what to expect. Last year, I fully expected us to get slaughtered by OU, Michigan and Sparty. We hung in there with all of them. Didn't we hold Sparty to 14 yds total offense, 2nd half? Wasn't that with a heisman hopeful at RB? Memory is blurry these days with all the ups and downs with this team. I am trying to be hopeful and positive, but this team needs some breakout wins (captain obvious). With all the transfer additions, I would not be surprised with an 8-9 win season. Defense was an issue heading into spring....we addressed with some transfers. QB was also. We are loaded at RB, WR and improvement on Special teams. It's like I want to drink the kool-aid, but I am so beat down, Im afraid to. 

GBR!!! 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, mwj98 said:

Didn't we hold Sparty to 14 yds total offense, 2nd half? Wasn't that with a heisman hopeful at RB? Memory is blurry these days with all the ups and downs with this team.

Definitely all subjective whether you see the glass as half full or half empty on some of those games.

I find it hard to not view that Michigan State game as half empty, given what happened with that punt play. What a gut punch that one was.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, mwj98 said:

After last year, I really don't know what to expect. Last year, I fully expected us to get slaughtered by OU, Michigan and Sparty. We hung in there with all of them. Didn't we hold Sparty to 14 yds total offense, 2nd half? Wasn't that with a heisman hopeful at RB? Memory is blurry these days with all the ups and downs with this team. I am trying to be hopeful and positive, but this team needs some breakout wins (captain obvious). With all the transfer additions, I would not be surprised with an 8-9 win season. Defense was an issue heading into spring....we addressed with some transfers. QB was also. We are loaded at RB, WR and improvement on Special teams. It's like I want to drink the kool-aid, but I am so beat down, Im afraid to. 

GBR!!! 

At this point the Huskers are like a toxic girlfriend I keep going back too. 

Lemme tell ya, I'm ready to get hurt again.

• Haha 3