Your Predictions For The West

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I disagree on Oklahoma. I think we can win that game and the rumblings of us being back will start. 

I agree.  It is in Lincoln.  This will be their 3rd game of the season after playing 2 cupcakes (UTEP, Kent State).  It will be our 4th.  We'll have more time to get the wrinkles out and our completion will have been stronger prior to the game (NW is still well coached and is P5 material).  Our overall staff (including the D) is more intact while they are learning a new system on D and O.  Our QB has played in the big games before as well.  Venerables is a great D coach, but he has to prove himself as a HC and game manager.  Yes, Frost has a ways to go in that area too, but he has Wip on his side that brings maturity and experience to the table. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I disagree on Oklahoma. I think we can win that game and the rumblings of us being back will start. 

Oh I didn't say we can't win that one. But we won't be expected to. Big difference in the phrasing of those two statements.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, you are so depressed and distraught over last year that you actually don't even think we can win 3.

You mad? Or just struggling with reading comprehension today?

BIG ERN was talking about the floor, not the ceiling. Do you know the difference between "floor" and "ceilings" as analogies in a sports conversation about how many projected wins a team might gather?

So no, I didn't say I thought we couldn't win three games. That would have been what I was saying if we were talking about "the ceiling" for 2022.

But we were talking about the floor. I know you're capable of understanding this.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I thought we would beat Illinois in the opener last season. I really did. 

It's insane that they've beaten us two years in a row.

This is why I really want the posters saying we'll win 9 games this year to pass me that hopium pipe so I can hit that $h!t hard.

The schedule is two games easier than last year's. I can totally see 7 wins this year - but it'll take a lot of improvement with not getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, false starts, turnovers, and special teams.

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That better not happen this year (lose the opener) otherwise Scott can start packing his bags.  I don't see how we would rebound mentally from a loss against any or the first 6 teams except OU.   

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yep

And that game set some tones.  Illinois went on to a 5 win season

NU could not get out of its own way.

Nebraska needs to be NW bad in the first game, it can't be close.  If can't be 21-20 because then the reporters, talk show doods and fans start in on the players and coaches and stuff gets bad.

They need to come back from Dublin feeling like every single offseason move was the right one.

27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yep

And that game set some tones.  Illinois went on to a 5 win season

NU could not get out of its own way.

Nebraska needs to be NW bad in the first game, it can't be close.  If can't be 21-20 because then the reporters, talk show doods and fans start in on the players and coaches and stuff gets bad.

They need to come back from Dublin feeling like every single offseason move was the right one.

Just to clarify, if we beat Northwestern convincingly, then s#!t the bed against North Dakota the next week, I would remain concerned. 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Undone said:

You mad? Or just struggling with reading comprehension today?

BIG ERN was talking about the floor, not the ceiling. Do you know the difference between "floor" and "ceilings" as analogies in a sports conversation about how many projected wins a team might gather?

So no, I didn't say I thought we couldn't win three games. That would have been what I was saying if we were talking about "the ceiling" for 2022.

But we were talking about the floor. I know you're capable of understanding this.

In Economics, the ceiling is the floor and the floor is the ceiling. Talking about price floors and price ceilings of course. 

I am of the belief that you cannot really predict how the season will go until after the Northwestern game. It can make a huge difference on the outcome of the season. Confidence is key as the team will come back fired up after a win or sluggish after a loss. We have lost six straight games and that needs to be ended right away so there is no doubt on the team we are better this year. A one score loss would be an absolute nightmare for this team. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

In Economics, the ceiling is the floor and the floor is the ceiling. Talking about price floors and price ceilings of course. 

This made me laugh - no offense though, seriously.

I'm a trader, and I can confidently tell you that the ceiling is upper resistance and the floor is support. Those are very basic bits of vocabulary in chart reading.

Feeling like I'm taking crazy pills with some of these interactions today.

• Plus1 1