Ahman Green

Just watched every game from 1991 thru 2020, thx YouTube. 

he was the best IB we’ve ever had, methinks. 
Jones

Phillips 

Brown

Dubose 

Craig

Helu 

Rozier

Burkhead

Muhamed 

Jackson 

Hipp 

all great but Ahman was the best of all of them. 

great teams he played on, great O-line, defense was killer, Osborne, etc etc….that guy Green,  just glided and decimated other teams as a college RB. Perfect player in a perfect time, what beauty he brought the Red Stripe and the N  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Saw the thread title and thought maybe he had died.

Ameer didn't make the list?    :)

I'm going to guess the OP meant Abdullah instead of Mohamed.

Either that, or I completely forgot Mohamed's illustrious Husker career. 

The Huskers didn't miss a beat when Ahman Green stepped in for Lawrence Phillips. But LP was just a tick better.

IMO LP is the best running back to ever wear the scarlet and cream....and probably the worst human being to ever wear the scarlet and cream. If you remove the off the field issues/mental health he could possibly be one of the best NFL guys as well. All speculation, but the talent was there. TO did all he could to help that young man.

• Plus1 5

You missed a few.   Jones 2, Redwine.  Childs.  Benning.   Alexander.  Baldwin.  I’m sure I missed a few more.  Pretty hard to put them in order but all were very good.  I’d put Rozier/LP as co number 1s with Green right behind.  But there have been many darn good ones.  It’s hard to rank recent ones because they’ve never been fully utilized or given a fair chance in a good run game offense.  

• Thanks 1