** 2022 Previews: CollegeFootball News Big Ten Predictions For Every Game **

Big Ten Preseason Predictions For Every Game: Preview 2022

You want the predictions for the 2022 Big Ten football season? It’s not all that hard …Ohio State is going to be fantastic, and now it’s mad.We got the Michigan curveball last year. It’s rebuilding, but it’s still going to be strong. Michigan State and Penn State are good, Wisconsin is really good, Iowa is Iowa, and others like Maryland and Nebraska should rise up and have good seasons.Who can catch the Buckeyes? More interesting will be a few strange twists and turns. Most of the solid teams can hang with or beat anyone else in the conference, and on the right day an Illinois or Northwestern or Rutgers should have the formula to pull off something fun. There are two more years before USC and UCLA come aboard. That’s all anyone will be talking about, but until then, this season should be entertaining – at least outside of what OSU will probably do.

Big Ten East Predicted Finish

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. Michigan State
5. Maryland
T6. Indiana
T6. Rutgers

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07/big-ten-preseason-predictions-for-every-game-preview-2022

Big Ten West Predicted Finish

T1. Iowa
T1. Wisconsin
T3. Minnesota
T3. Nebraska
5. Purdue
T6. Illinois
T6. Northwestern

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07/big-ten-preseason-predictions-for-every-game-preview-2022/2

Nebraska Cornhuskers

2022 Preseason Prediction: 7-5
2022 Big Ten Prediction: 5-4

Aug 27 Northwestern (Dublin, Ireland) W
Sept 3 North Dakota W
Sept 10 Georgia Southern W
Sept 17 Oklahoma L
Sept 24 OPEN DATE
Oct 1 Indiana W
Oct 7 at Rutgers L
Oct 15 at Purdue W
Oct 22 OPEN DATE
Oct 29 Illinois W
Nov 5 Minnesota W
Nov 12 at Michigan L
Nov 19 Wisconsin L
Nov 25 at Iowa L

• Plus1 1
  • Saunders changed the title to ** 2022 Previews: CollegeFootball News Big Ten Predictions For Every Game **

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why would Rutgers be a loss?  I could see Minnesota, Illinois or Purdue….but Rutgers?

Why should Rutgers be a win?  Friday night game on the road.  Schiano is a hell of a coach and he will be in year 3.

At this point I don't think we can assume that any game in the B1G is a win.  Under Frost vs the B1G we are 10-25,  never won more than 3 conference games in a season, and have won 4 road games in 4 years.

We do catch a break in that Rutgers will have Ohio St the week before our game and hopefully is a bit beat up.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Why should Rutgers be a win?  Friday night game on the road.  Schiano is a hell of a coach and he will be in year 3.

At this point I don't think we can assume that any game in the B1G is a win.  Under Frost vs the B1G we are 10-25,  never won more than 3 conference games in a season, and have won 4 road games in 4 years.

We do catch a break in that Rutgers will have Ohio St the week before our game and hopefully is a bit beat up.

Going into year 5......

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Ummm….but, we are going to beat Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue. 

serious question, what is Nebraska’s record against Rutgers since both joined the conference?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm….but, we are going to beat Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue. 

serious question, what is Nebraska’s record against Rutgers since both joined the conference?

Nebraska Football has never lost to Rutgers. Historically they are 5-0. Four are in the past decade.

• Plus1 1

Wisconsin and Iowa at #1 in West???!

Ok, Ok..

I better start reading up on them even more.  I think Iowa is going to have a drop, and the Badgers will have the same season as the past 4 years (conf record 6-3, 3-3, 7-2, 5-4).  Nothing amazing.  

To win the West, it's right there in front of you.  Huskers need to take advantage of it.  Or Minnesorta will.  Or Purdue will.   You know what I'm sayin?

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, admo said:

Wisconsin and Iowa at #1 in West???!

Ok, Ok..

I better start reading up on them even more.  I think Iowa is going to have a drop, and the Badgers will have the same season as the past 4 years (conf record 6-3, 3-3, 7-2, 5-4).  Nothing amazing.  

To win the West, it's right there in front of you.  Huskers need to take advantage of it.  Or Minnesorta will.  Or Purdue will.   You know what I'm sayin?

I agree with Iowa, unless they figure out offense. Wisconsin I don't know what's going to happen.

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks. So….Ummm….ok….so again, why are we going to beat all those other teams and lose to Rutgers?  @Red Five

I am with you, Rutgers is bad.

For some reason and I have nothing to back it up, I could see that game being a "wow, NU is having a great season" game, where for some reason they just s#!t the bed.

I guess I imagine there will be one s#!tty game that the Huskers have no business losing but end up losing.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks. So….Ummm….ok….so again, why are we going to beat all those other teams and lose to Rutgers?  @Red Five

I believe that the Huskers win that game. I'm more concerned about Minnesota. It seems like NU craps the bed when we play them. Iowa and Wisconsin, NU can play with them. Just need to clean up the stupid mistakes and they win. Michigan is more of an unknown. We know they lost some players, but did they replace them? Harbaugh had a great year last year, but has questionable games since he's been there. Just don't know. OU is kind of an unknown as well. New coach, lots of good players leave.:dunno

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think we are going to beat all 3 of Minnesota, Illinois, or Purdue.  Right now I would guess we win 1 of those games.

And I don't think losing to Rutgers is all that far fetched.

Also I don't think results against Rutgers from 1920, 2014, 2015, and 2017 have any impact on a game in 2022.

• Plus1 2