2022 Fall Camp Notes - Receivers and Tight Ends

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why isn't Omar Manning really not getting any preseason buzz? You would think bc obviously he is going to be a number 1 wr at his position he's playing (x,y,or z) he'd get some recognition like Trey Palmer. As much as i like Trey and he's quick and fast he didn't get to shine at LSU so you would think that they be in the same boat together at the very least right???? Yes i know Omar didn't do much himself last year but i would state the point that i believe that MJ is going to elevate the wr's play with how he coaches this year. 

He was the first guy mentioned by Mickey yesterday and there was an OWH article that featured him.

I actually think he's gotten more pub than Trey this week.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why isn't Omar Manning really not getting any preseason buzz? You would think bc obviously he is going to be a number 1 wr at his position he's playing (x,y,or z) he'd get some recognition like Trey Palmer. As much as i like Trey and he's quick and fast he didn't get to shine at LSU so you would think that they be in the same boat together at the very least right???? Yes i know Omar didn't do much himself last year but i would state the point that i believe that MJ is going to elevate the wr's play with how he coaches this year. 

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He was the first guy mentioned by Mickey yesterday and there was an OWH article that featured him.

I think you're talking about Palmer being on a watch list and Manning not - but the watch list Palmer is on (Hornung award) is basically for KR/PRs. I think both could have huge years, but neither have the past numbers to get on a preseason all conference team or the Biletnikoff watch list. 

"Depending on what the doctors say ... He could be back in two months – whatever the doctors say. Could be a month. Could be six months. I don't know," Husker tight ends coach Sean Beckton said this week. "They haven't given me a timetable. I'm seeing him, looking at him. He looks like he's physically ready and I know he wants to be back out there as soon as the doctors give us the OK."

"I want long term with him," the coach said. "If there's any inkling where he can re-injure himself, I'm not going to put him out there. Simple as that. We're not going to put him out there. We want him to be back to where he's fully ready to go ... We don't want to put him in harm's way.

• Plus1 1

On 8/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, Mavric said:

Im not saying Omar hasn't been mentioned by the coach or the media here i was stating why isn't he being more recognized by outside people. Is it bc he hasn't done much while he has been here? What happens if he has a better year then Trey??? I mean Trey is the real deal you see his athleticism that goes with his speed. I say what if meaning Omar shows that he was the number 1 juco wr for a reason. Our wr's are going to be night and day better then last year to much talent. Good luck to Northwestern trying to cover the wr's!!!!