2022 Fall Camp Notes - Receivers and Tight Ends

13 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I took it as it being a fairly serious injury since he referred it to HCSF who seems to control all the injury reports himself. Callahan mentioned in his podcast Crawford was hurt in the Saturday scrimmage. MJ sounded more frustrated about Manning missing practices.

My misunderstanding then.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I took it as it being a fairly serious injury since he referred it to HCSF who seems to control all the injury reports himself. Callahan mentioned in his podcast Crawford was hurt in the Saturday scrimmage. MJ sounded more frustrated about Manning missing practices.

I think the bolded is the only thing we can assume as to why he deferred to Frost.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think he actually referred the question to Mark - I just don't know if that's Whipple who was also speaking with the media that day, a member of the training staff, or a media relations guy who could tell them the full story and make sure they don't publish it. 

Haha “he practiced two days in a row”. I guess that’s why we didn’t see him more often last year. Omar putting in the work will be the end of Brody Belt’s career. 

And we are finally getting some coaches on the coaching staff. Great presser. May be looking at our next HC 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Haha “he practiced two days in a row”. I guess that’s why we didn’t see him more often last year. Omar putting in the work will be the end of Brody Belt’s career. 

And we are finally getting some coaches on the coaching staff. Great presser. May be looking at our next HC 

That’s pretty sad that practicing 2 practices in a row is considered good lol

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Decked said:

That’s pretty sad that or practicing 2 practices in a row is considered good lol

I got the gist that he’s a bit of a whiner and participating two days in a row is a good thing.  but kind of sad too for missed opportunities. 

Loved MJ’s “I’m the coach, that’s what I’m here for” response. There seemed to be a disconnect between Frost wanting tough hard nosed players(Forgot his exact wording) and then actually managing and coaching them to be that. It seemed his form of coaching was just not playing them rather than coaching them out if their mental obstacles. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Decked said:

That’s pretty sad that practicing 2 practices in a row is considered good lol

One can assume that but... we don't know what bump and bruise the player is actually playing through. Likely not a huge bump or bruise but it's still speculative. That said, I think its good coaching to address it as MJ addressed it. 

Question for those in the know... does turf toe still exist now that games aren't played on turf? 

11 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Thankfully we're pretty deep in WR room but this sucks! :facepalm:

Yeah i wouldn't want a injury to fall on anyone hopefully this setback doesn't deter him away and instead motivates/drives him to have a role next year. You see it with alot of kids that have high expectations to play that come from out of state sitting and having to deal with whatever issue they have to deal with. Im not saying he is going to transfer out just hope he knows how important he means to the team future success.

• Haha 1