2022 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Line

5 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Looks the part for sure.

I had to click past a message saying "potentially sensitive content".  Not sure what that is about?  

It shows up from time-to-time on decidedly not "sensitive" content.  So their algorithm must not be all that great.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Probably in the minority here, but I like the offseason additions to the defensive line.  I'll be surprised if they're not better than last year.  Particularly in pass rushing.

Stille and Daniels for Wynn and Drew. T Rob and Nash also a year older. I'd say we are fine... The bigger difference will be the Edge guys with Nelson, Mathis and Tannor. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Stille and Daniels for Wynn and Drew. T Rob and Nash also a year older. I'd say we are fine... The bigger difference will be the Edge guys with Nelson, Mathis and Tannor. 

I think just being even a little more athletic in the interior will probably help the edge guys a lot.  Loved Stille and he was a solid player but he wasn't exactly the most athletic dude out there.  Hopefully Wynn or Drew can cause some problems for the interior OL.  Ty is a huge individual and no doubt will garner some double teams making it easier on his teammates.  

• Plus1 1

On 7/29/2022 at 3:42 PM, Mavric said:

I'd be surprised with a Blackshirt but he did get some praise today, as he did in the spring.  Probably in the rotation.

I wouldn't doubt it.  He got a lot of reps in Spring.  Also Mo Newsome (Mosai) drew some praise from Dawson earlier.

Ty Rob, Wynn, Drew, Nash, Newsome, Feist should be plenty of inside beef.

Mathis, Nelson, Tannor, Butler, Gunnerson on Edge.  Although I can see Drew playing some EDGE at times this year as well.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:16 AM, The Dude said:

Probably in the minority here, but I like the offseason additions to the defensive line.  I'll be surprised if they're not better than last year.  Particularly in pass rushing.

I don’t think you’re in the minority at all. Daniels was a loss but outside of that I feel like we’ve upgraded in the athleticism department and heavily in the depth department.

I’ll be disappointed if we’re not vastly improved and it shows up on the stat sheet (more sacks, hurries and TfLs)

I am interested to see how they will play up front as well. Think we will be a bit better rushing the QB. I like a beefed up Ty & Devin Drew was brought in to stop the run. I am very much interested to see the profession of Nash. Getting him developed to take on a serious workload would be huge. 

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, Decked said:

I am interested to see how they will play up front as well. Think we will be a bit better rushing the QB. I like a beefed up Ty & Devin Drew was brought in to stop the run. I am very much interested to see the profession of Nash. Getting him developed to take on a serious workload would be huge. 

Same.  I think when it comes to Nash, he's still a year away.  Like it won't click until game 11 or 12. Learning how to play like a beast, and understanding how to play the position. And then all off season and next year he will become a stud.  I hope I am wrong, that it doesn't take that long.