2022 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Line

2 hours ago, admo said:

Same.  I think when it comes to Nash, he's still a year away.  Like it won't click until game 11 or 12. Learning how to play like a beast, and understanding how to play the position. And then all off season and next year he will become a stud.  I hope I am wrong, that it doesn't take that long.

A lot of that is him not having much technique and just mauling guys from being too strong in SD. Becoming more athletic with a good S&C will be huge. 

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Decked said:

A lot of that is him not having much technique and just mauling guys from being too strong

You are so right.

So far he has 2 movements.

If he doesn't get leverage from lower body strength on the snap, he will get stood up and taken out of the play from olineman.  He doesn't have stretch arms and upper body strength to maneuver a lineman.  It's like standing up a bear. He's done.

But when he gets leverage from his lower body strength, he can move any olineman... backwards or left/right.

Kid just needs to understand this.

35 minutes ago, admo said:

You are so right.

If he doesn't get leverage from lower body strength on the snap, he will get stood up and taken out of the play from olineman.  He doesn't have stretch arms and upper body strength to maneuver a lineman.  It's like standing up a bear. He's done.

But when he gets leverage from his lower body strength, he can move any olineman... backwards or left/right.

Reps & S&C. 

1 hour ago, admo said:

You are so right.

He's also slow and slow out of his stance.  I know because he's so strong people have put a bunch of hype on him.  I don't see it.  I hope he proves me wrong tho 

6 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He's also slow and slow out of his stance.  I know because he's so strong people have put a bunch of hype on him.  I don't see it.  I hope he proves me wrong tho 

I was thinking about a former husker from last year when you mentioned slow and slow out of his stance Ben Stille. Loved his heart but i thought he was going to do so much better then he did. Hope Garrett isn't the same player as Stille but he reminds me of him.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Not to be funny but I totally forgot about Weaver still being on the team. Anybody know how they got down to 85 scholarships???

Pretty much has to be two guys are still on the team but not on scholarship.  My guess is they got some sort of NIL deal to make up for it.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Dude is listed at 345, and there's reason to believe that's low. There's no way he drops below like 320, he was 380 something when he showed up. 

He is as big as he is slow. Diet diet diet. If you are 345 lbs and playing college football you could breathe and lose weight if you wanted to. That’s an Ellis project.