2022 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Line

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

On3 guys saying same with Wynn (but not to the extent that Weaver is out of shape).

I wonder if Drew will be anywhere close to football shape when he reports.

Not very encouraging to hear this. Fifty years ago it was somewhat the norm for many players to report to camp out of shape hence you had two-a-days to whip them into better shape ASAP. But in this day and age of close to 365 football and working on the play book from day 1 the coaches can't be thrilled to see this.

• Plus1 1

I'm not overly concerned with Wynn - would've been better if he showed up ready to roll, but I expect he'll be in the top group by conference play. This would've have been last year, but Jurgens has to be talking about Weaver here:

I am curious where the coaches want him to be weight-wise, and maybe it's not even a specific weight. Just needs to be able to take more than a few reps without getting gassed. But I wouldn't be shocked if it's this group week 0, with Drew and Wynn hopefully pushing to replace Feist/Hutmacher in the top group. I get the sense they like Hutmacher right now more than some of the fans do though. 

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much what we've seen/known before but it looked like Robinson, Hutmacher and Feist were the first group with Marquis Black, Mosai Newsom and Stephon Wynn the next group.

25 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm not overly concerned with Wynn - would've been better if he showed up ready to roll, but I expect he'll be in the top group by conference play. This would've have been last year, but Jurgens has to be talking about Weaver here:

I am curious where the coaches want him to be weight-wise, and maybe it's not even a specific weight. Just needs to be able to take more than a few reps without getting gassed. But I wouldn't be shocked if it's this group week 0, with Drew and Wynn hopefully pushing to replace Feist/Hutmacher in the top group. I get the sense they like Hutmacher right now more than some of the fans do though. 

I'ld be willing to bet you see Feist before Hutmacher.  Probably be Robinson and Feist to start if the two transfers aren't in game shape 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

On3 guys saying same with Wynn (but not to the extent that Weaver is out of shape).

I wonder if Drew will be anywhere close to football shape when he reports.

There are 4 weeks of fall camp football, then 14 weeks of a scheduled football season.   

Pretty sure Wynn, Drew and everybody will be aaiight.  :)

It's not the same as if they are 205lb guys. They will be in full football shape and conditioning, and hitting hard by Oklahoma week.  That's a long time from now.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

From reading the reports, I think the discussions here about Wynn's conditioning are overstated.

Probably emerging from the comments about him having to adjust to summer training/workouts & the pic of him at fan day.