2022 Fall Camp Pressers

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I remember the preseason pressers of the coaches chuckling at how much better our team was going into year 2 than year 1.

Point?  We've heard these things.  Scott is out of play calling (right?), and we do have some nice additions to the roster.

Cautious optimism is wise.  

• Plus1 1

I like this team a lot.  Time will tell if they go 8-1 before the Michigan game, or 6-3.

I love the player additions and coaching additions.

I can sense HCSF is more involved in the full team than he has ever before (without being exhausted).  It goes to show, with Whipp, Applewhite, Beckton, Mickey Joseph taking care of the offense (and Frost's attention also involved).... Frost can also spend time on Defense and Special Teams.  Like a head coach that is more engaged in the totality of the team.  If that makes sense.

Should be a good year

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, admo said:

I like this team a lot.  Time will tell if they go 8-1 before the Michigan game, or 6-3.

I love the player additions and coaching additions.

I can sense HCSF is more involved in the full team than he has ever before (without being exhausted).  It goes to show, with Whipp, Applewhite, Beckton, Mickey Joseph taking care of the offense (and Frost's attention also involved).... Frost can also spend time on Defense and Special Teams.  Like a head coach that is more engaged in the totality of the team.  If that makes sense.

Should be a good year

Frost is a very good offensive mind. I like the changes and his focus on the whole team. I know it’s unpopular, but, I hope he still has some influence on the offense, especially the run game with an improved o line. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Frost is a very good offensive mind. I like the changes and his focus on the whole team. I know it’s unpopular, but, I hope he still has some influence on the offense, especially the run game with an improved o line. 

I agree with that.  For sure, Frost will play a role within the offense.  And he should.  But also, step aside while the (other) offensive coaches do their part of it, and Frost can place more of his attention, effort and energy on other parts of the team.  Without feeling overloaded.  It's really a win-win situation, I think.  And also, once he gets comfortable with it, we will see a whole team coming together.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:54 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I'm right there with you. I'd go as far as to say it's absurd that this is an unpopular opinion. Even though Frost is still sort of young as far as head coaches go, I'd say he's already proven himself as a good offensive mind.

And I think we can even entirely throw out the 2017 UCF season and still have that statement be completely true.

I think the masses believe it's an upgrade to take Frost out of direct management of the offense because the firing of the four offensive coaches was successful in convincing fans that the offense was the problem.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Listening to Whip you get a different tone and vibe than when you read the reporters’ write ups.  It seems like their quotes are close but the interpretations are a bit off from the first hand.  Whip seemed fairly confident I’d say.  I realize he’s been thru the wars and lots of pressers over 40 years.  He’s careful and is holding back some too.  I’m expecting some pretty substantial offensive changes (more than tweaks and wrinkles anyway).
Maybe NW will adjust quickly but they won’t be ready.  I’ve expected packages of players and platoon like situations to give NW defense troubles.   If we get a few TDs early the Blackshirts will turn up the heat.  Chin may get aggressive.  With the Defensive speed we will present and good depth rotation, I really believe Neb will shut NW down.  Still feeling 35-13 but early success and last year’s score could happen.  

Again, offense can’t fumble and throw picks. We can run on then if Whipple will be patient.  Let those big guys lean on em a lot.  That’s my game plan.  Lol.  Hope it works.  

• Plus1 1