2022 Fall Camp Pressers

19 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Listening to Whip you get a different tone and vibe than when you read the reporters’ write ups.  It seems like their quotes are close but the interpretations are a bit off from the first hand.  Whip seemed fairly confident I’d say.  I realize he’s been thru the wars and lots of pressers over 40 years.  He’s careful and is holding back some too.  I’m expecting some pretty substantial offensive changes (more than tweaks and wrinkles anyway).
Maybe NW will adjust quickly but they won’t be ready.  I’ve expected packages of players and platoon like situations to give NW defense troubles.   If we get a few TDs early the Blackshirts will turn up the heat.  Chin may get aggressive.  With the Defensive speed we will present and good depth rotation, I really believe Neb will shut NW down.  Still feeling 35-13 but early success and last year’s score could happen.  

Again, offense can’t fumble and throw picks. We can run on then if Whipple will be patient.  Let those big guys lean on em a lot.  That’s my game plan.  Lol.  Hope it works.  

I agree with you but for me i don't believe that Casey Thompson is going to be throwing much picks against Northwestern unless you believe that Northwestern defense back field is crazy good. I believe that CT has invested and done all the right things in the off-season to be the starting qb at Nebraska and he has full command of the offense. Yes i understand people want to see the first game he plays before stating how they feel about him as a qb but him and the rest of the team will be fun to watch. I think even though he hasn't played for Nebraska he definitely already has the respect from his teammates bc of how he has lead off the field. 

In general, the players do a great job in these pressers and represent the team well.  Most are as good at coachspeak as the coaches.  They hear it and respond well.  

if the team will just go out and play like they do in practice (as reports consistently indicate), they can win games.  The confidence comes from successful past experience, practice and confident leaders on the field and the sideline.  The one area we can’t get much feel for is the vibe and messaging from coach to players during games.  All the coaches express good confidence in their groups in the offseason.  During games?  Idk - can’t tell.  Frost had supreme confidence in Adrian, publicly. Was it that way in meetings, huddles, etc.   Adrian always seemed to be confident in pressers, but not nearly like CT.  CT seems extremely confident.  Too much so?   Idk. I like self confidence in athletes. Nobody else will do their jobs or hold their hands.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

In general, the players do a great job in these pressers and represent the team well.  Most are as good at coachspeak as the coaches.  They hear it and respond well.  

if the team will just go out and play like they do in practice (as reports consistently indicate), they can win games.  The confidence comes from successful past experience, practice and confident leaders on the field and the sideline.  The one area we can’t get much feel for is the vibe and messaging from coach to players during games.  All the coaches express good confidence in their groups in the offseason.  During games?  Idk - can’t tell.  Frost had supreme confidence in Adrian, publicly. Was it that way in meetings, huddles, etc.   Adrian always seemed to be confident in pressers, but not nearly like CT.  CT seems extremely confident.  Too much so?   Idk. I like self confidence in athletes. Nobody else will do their jobs or hold their hands.  

For me Nebraska beat themselves in crucible and critical moments. I don't blame anyone on petty official calls especially like Cam Jurgens blocking down field and him getting called for over blocking. Late hits or turnovers kill team momentum. You can play hard all day long but have to have enough self discipline and awareness to not hurt your team in any moment. Yes id rather if it is going to happen in the first half and not in the 2nd half when you know the game can swing any way. I think the captains and leaders on the team won't let those situations deter the teams attitude in case it does happen bc i have enough faith that players like Caleb Tannor or Garrett Nelson will be there for their teammates to encourage them. This team as worked hard to change their path not only for themselves but for the livelihood of the coaches. This team to me feels like they are hungry and tired of criticism and are eager to win and get to a bowl game.

“That’s another part about being a captain or a leader or whatever,” Nelson said. “I didn’t have that when I came in, so I kind of had to figure it out on my own. I swore that I would never let younger guys – whenever I got to this spot – feel the way I did when I came in. Just kind of thrown out to the wolves and figure it out.

“I’m trying my best to help those guys: This is how you watch film; this is how you practice.’ I’m not saying they needed a complete overhaul; it’s just things I wish I would’ve heard.”

On3

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1