UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

On 7/29/2022 at 5:54 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Hello

Super pumped to experience Nebraska football. Always heard how awesome it is.  Heard from many how friendly Husker fans are.   Will be in walking distance from Memorial Field Thursday through Sunday. Looking forward to having a few beers with you guys. What are the must do?

You need to change from Sioux to Fighting Hawks :B)

Looking forward to attending a game in the Mecca of college football.  All I hear about Husker fans is how nawesome they are, especially to opposing fans. Can't wait to tailgate with some great fans.  Question about tailgating.  I know it is a dry campus and alcohol is not allowed.  But there has to be people that are bending the rules on that one.  So is there really no alcohol in the tailgate lots or is that something that is not really enforced.  Thanks

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, FHawker said:

Looking forward to attending a game in the Mecca of college football.  All I hear about Husker fans is how nawesome they are, especially to opposing fans. Can't wait to tailgate with some great fans.  Question about tailgating.  I know it is a dry campus and alcohol is not allowed.  But there has to be people that are bending the rules on that one.  So is there really no alcohol in the tailgate lots or is that something that is not really enforced.  Thanks

Yep.  Nobody drinks at Nebraska tailgates.  We have wholesome fun.

• Haha 2

I know I'll be laughed at and shunned here for what I'm about to say but I'll say it anyway. This game scares me... it's a no win situation for us. I also feel it's a trap game. If we win nobody cares because well... we should win. If we lose, it's front page news and total chaos. Truth is, the scary part isn't the game itself but rather the game prep. If we win the Northwestern game, do the players lose focus and come in over confident and as a result of over confidence have a bad week of prep? On the other hand, if we lose the Northwestern game (I shutter at the thought) that let down, coupled with the long flight home and emotional recovery, will that result in a bad week of prep? In short, my concern is game preparation. Long flight home after what will be a highly physical game, short week as well, classes starting and every other possible distraction.. couple all that together and I can see a scary scenario. (Flashes of SD Jackrabbits and TM struggling.) I'll be happy with a last second field goal for a win here. Just sayin... Trap Game!! They did after all, hold NDSU to 16 points last year losing by only 6.. Huskers had better not be looking past this game as there is a whole lot of pride up north. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 minutes ago, Fan100 said:

Still early but I am hoping some of you will be willing to help us enjoy the game experience. Been looking forward for a long time. Heard so many good things about your fan base.  Not so much yet here.

On a personal note, I attended SDSU back in the late 70s - when the NCC was the Div 2 version of the old Big 8.  Great football, basketball and wrestling. SDSU, NDSU, USD(sucks), UND, and Augustana all battled it out every season in football.  Living in Tulsa, I haven't been to a Husker game since we left the Big 12  and they no longer come to OU/OSU.  I couldn't make the OU game last year in Norman.  You will have a great time in Lincoln.  It has been a while since I've been there and I know it has only improved.  My brother lives in Omaha and makes it to a game or 2 a year. 

22 hours ago, TGHusker said:

On a personal note, I attended SDSU back in the late 70s - when the NCC was the Div 2 version of the old Big 8.  Great football, basketball and wrestling. SDSU, NDSU, USD(sucks), UND, and Augustana all battled it out every season in football.  Living in Tulsa, I haven't been to a Husker game since we left the Big 12  and they no longer come to OU/OSU.  I couldn't make the OU game last year in Norman.  You will have a great time in Lincoln.  It has been a while since I've been there and I know it has only improved.  My brother lives in Omaha and makes it to a game or 2 a year. 

Thanks TG

I attended UND in the late 70’s and early 80’s.  The NCC was quite a conference.

I intend to have a blast the three days I spend in Lincoln- and if able - do it again in four or five years when we play again. 
I wanted to watch the band arrive but will be inside the stadium looking around

I may try to see if we can look around inside prior to game day.