UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

33 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nice! We did really awesome stuff a long time ago too! :cheers

Made me smile. :)

The Nebraska I know is the Nebraska I grew up watching and I am in my mid 60’s - you do the math

words that come to mind about Nebraska football:

Powerhouse - national championships - sellouts - super friendly to opposing fans in Kelly green - Oklahoma battles - want to experience that sometime - Darin Erstad - epic tailgating - Big Red- tradition - giving beer and runzas to Kelly green fans

Good luck in Ireland 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

North Dakota is not good. They are middle of the road in the MVFC, the best FCS conference, but if Nebraska fails to score on any drive it will not be due to UND's efforts.

Source: Watched more UND football the past couple years than a non-fan should. Will watch them lose to USD again in November.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The atmosphere for this game will be dead.

If this doesn't end up as a total beat down it will really get ugly.

I disagree with the bolded i have yet to attend a game where the atmosphere was dead. there will be a buzz and excitement with it being the first home game of the year. Now if we do struggle but win close i feel that yeah the tune will change with most of the fans wanting a change. 

9 hours ago, mrandyk said:

North Dakota is not good. They are middle of the road in the MVFC, the best FCS conference, but if Nebraska fails to score on any drive it will not be due to UND's efforts.

Source: Watched more UND football the past couple years than a non-fan should. Will watch them lose to USD again in November.

The most entertaining matchup may be between the NoDak and SoDak fans on the board. 

19 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I disagree with the bolded i have yet to attend a game where the atmosphere was dead. there will be a buzz and excitement with it being the first home game of the year. Now if we do struggle but win close i feel that yeah the tune will change with most of the fans wanting a change. 

Illinois the last year in the Riley era was a snoozer. Everyone knew he was done but already paid for tickets. 

• Plus1 1

I have no clue how this game will go.  Problem lots of penalties and a close game throughout.  Can we stop the run and short passes?  Get our defense off the field?

Since Nebraska is playing, I am probably wrong again with whatever I think will happen.  

14 minutes ago, admo said:

I have no clue how this game will go.  Problem lots of penalties and a close game throughout.  Can we stop the run and short passes?  Get our defense off the field?

Since Nebraska is playing, I am probably wrong again with whatever I think will happen.  

You mean to say it's a bad idea to have your safeties 20 yards off the ball when playing a team like NW? 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

The most entertaining matchup may be between the NoDak and SoDak fans on the board. 

Made me smile

and we haven’t heard from the other team down South yet - they will come

I won’t get into a pissing match - I remembered SD fans as being fairly classy

• Fire 1