** 2022 Previews: CBS Sports Pre-Season Rankings 1-131 **

The 2022 college football season kicks off in a matter of weeks, but before the games can begin, a tradition as engrained in the sport as any must take place: preseason rankings. Our starting point for the season is the CBS Sports 131 -- our comprehensive ranking of every team at the FBS level, now including James Madison -- which has last year's College Football Playoff runner-up Alabama holding the No. 1 spot with all but one voter choosing the Crimson Tide as the top team in the nation entering the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/

Teams of Interest

#7 Oklahoma

#8 Michigan

#15 Wisconsin

#28 Iowa

#32 Minnesota

#34 Purdue

#49 Nebraska

#78 Rutgers

#81 Northwestern

#82 Illinois

#88 Indiana

#119 Georgia Southern

• Plus1 1

Great we are # 49! :facepalm: I guess the highest the best ever 3-9 team could expect.     Now wouldn't it be nice to creep up ever so slowly into the top 25. Until Frost gets his signature win, we'll be on the outside looking in.  Lets hope somehow we beat OU.   Speaking of OU, aren't they kind of over rated with the change in staff, the hits they took in the portal, etc??  I think so.  

26 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Great we are # 49! :facepalm: I guess the highest the best ever 3-9 team could expect.     Now wouldn't it be nice to creep up ever so slowly into the top 25. Until Frost gets his signature win, we'll be on the outside looking in.  Lets hope somehow we beat OU.   Speaking of OU, aren't they kind of over rated with the change in staff, the hits they took in the portal, etc??  I think so.  

Somehow?  We hung with them last year.  They are rebuilding more than we are and have lost a lot of players.  I think we will win and it won't look like a miracle 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Somehow?  We hung with them last year.  They are rebuilding more than we are and have lost a lot of players.  I think we will win and it won't look like a miracle 

Well my somehow was based on their rank and our past experiences with ranked teams. I hope that all turns wt OU

#49 is once again generously high.  The past 5 years is plenty of evidence to show it.   Win 8 and a number 40 rating is reasonable.  9 wins may get you in the top 25 (maybe). But after 5 years consecutive losing seasons (averaging about .333, even that is debatable.  Need a ‘quality’ win or two in that and some footnotes of explanations on the losses. Need to win the bowl game too!   

This team might be, talent wise, slightly better but, ultimately, at the end of the season, you are what your record indicates, generally.   Prove it - first. The benefit of history, a decade ago, doesn’t count for much.  Hard as that is to admit for a 100% die hard Husker of 50 years and going. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

#49 is once again generously high.  The past 5 years is plenty of evidence to show it.   Win 8 and a number 40 rating is reasonable.  9 wins may get you in the top 25 (maybe).

24 Power 5 teams won 8 games last year.

21 Pwer 5 teams won 9 games last year.

So I think you are just randomly picking numbers that sound good to you but don't really square with reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1