Did the team scrimmage today?

nems

What's up fellow Husker fans!  Husker fan living in Austin, Texas.  Born in Fremont and have all my family in the area.  Lifetime Husker fan and a pretty steady sunshine pumper.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.  Getting pretty excited actually. 

I thought I read that they were going to be scrimmaging today.  Does anyone know if that is true?  Curious if there were any reports on how they looked.  

Really looking forward to talking Husker football with you guys.  

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, nems said:

What's up fellow Husker fans!  Husker fan living in Austin, Texas.  Born in Fremont and have all my family in the area.  Lifetime Husker fan and a pretty steady sunshine pumper.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.  Getting pretty excited actually. 

I thought I read that they were going to be scrimmaging today.  Does anyone know if that is true?  Curious if there were any reports on how they looked.  

Really looking forward to talking Husker football with you guys.  

Yes, no media allowed.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

From what i heard the offensive line had trouble with the edge rushers. The run blocking was great i heard while the pass blocking was something that needs to be worked on. Didn't hear about the defense much. Running backs also had a good day. I know this was just a scrimmage but speed rushers always give our tackles problems. Wish their were more to say. Also a couple of football players sat out today nothing serious.

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Keeping hearing about how loaded we are at runningback and how great the offensive line is run blocking. 

Whip doesn't strike me as a run-first coordinator.  Wonder how much he'll actually lean on the running game.

Is he not a run first coordinator, or has he had the QBs/Receivers to focus more on passing in the previous years (definitely last year with a top QB and the top WR).

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Keeping hearing about how loaded we are at runningback and how great the offensive line is run blocking. 

Whip doesn't strike me as a run-first coordinator.  Wonder how much he'll actually lean on the running game.

I think it will be a game by game situation. Against teams with smaller d-lines, I can see Whipple trying to lean on the run game. Against teams which we can't impose physicality, I expect Whipple to open it up and air it out. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think whip has been around long enough to be the coordinator that takes what the defense gives him.  If you are running the ball well he'll keep running.  But if he passes it will be of play action.  But if we have the guys to throw it and you can't cover we will be throwing it

I completely agree.  Out of plus 1's until tomorrow, but I gotchu

• Plus1 1