Did the team scrimmage today?

nems

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

In seminary, 98 - 100 was an A, 94-97 was an A-, 90-93 was a B+ and 85 - 89 was a B.  84 and below was an F.

Those were your grades.  For me, I think the coachspeak would better serve the team would be that at best at least stating a C or a C+ for the best, maybe a B- here or there.  The "really good", "he's a great player" and "major improvement" phrases need to go away ... or Scott will go away.

So Scott is going to lose his job if he says a player is doing good???  lol seriously man.  It doesn't matter what Scott says, short of a Bo blow up.  He will either get it done on the field or not and what he says to reporters doesn't impact that imo.  

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

So Scott is going to lose his job if he says a player is doing good???  lol seriously man.  It doesn't matter what Scott says, short of a Bo blow up.  He will either get it done on the field or not and what he says to reporters doesn't impact that imo.  

@Hilltop, who is suggesting anything about losing his job?  lol, seriously man, your twist of words is sad.

The post is about the usual "coachspeak" he does.  It's just not necessary.   If anything ... all he is doing is setting himself for arrows by errant fans [who will then make Scott go away].  Just shut up and get it done on the field.  You could tell he tried to say little at the press conference [which was great].  Why not carry that same language to the players [that's all the is being expressed here].

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Hilltop, who is suggesting anything about losing his job?  lol, seriously man, your twist of words is sad.

The post is about the usual "coachspeak" he does.  It's just not necessary.   If anything ... all he is doing is setting himself for arrows by errant fans [who will then make Scott go away].  Just shut up and get it done on the field.  You could tell he tried to say little at the press conference [which was great].  Why not carry that same language to the players [that's all the is being expressed here].

My twist of words????  Read your post...  "phrases need to go away ... or Scott will go away."  What heck else were you implying?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

How is Scott going away different than him getting fired?  Is he going to play hide and seek for a decade?  Coach from the moon?  Husker Mafia'ed?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigRedN said:

In seminary, 98 - 100 was an A, 94-97 was an A-, 90-93 was a B+ and 85 - 89 was a B.  84 and below was an F.

Those were your grades.  For me, I think the coachspeak would better serve the team would be that at best at least stating a C or a C+ for the best, maybe a B- here or there.  The "really good", "he's a great player" and "major improvement" phrases need to go away ... or Scott will go away.

I know, I know.

35b7c3072995637a0405515b8624f650_w200.gi

What is an example that has absolutely nothing to do with coaches comments at pressers?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It helps to read a lot and have spent 50 years watching, listening and so on.  I am doing some interpreting and guesswork admittedly.  But, quite often, coaches cite the highlights at this point.  In the context of recent years’ results, it feels about right.  Agree or not, that’s my reaction.  MJ may be trying to motivate his room with plenty of less than complementary remarks.  That’s his approach and I hope you’re right if you see the other way.  I don’t know but I generally find - no news is rarely a good thing.  It’s only the first scrimmage, apparently since the spring scrimmage before the red/white practice. (That doesn't qualify as even a real scrimmage imo).  With only a couple more before Dublin game, these ‘reports’ are all we have.  

Maybe ‘shock and awe’ are coming 8-27, in a good way.  I’m still bullish that a better Big Red experience is upcoming.  GBR.  

I made no statement either way on how I feel.  Frost should have been fired last year.  I just found it hilarious on how you just randomly pulled this entire thing out of thin air.  Watch I can do it to.  Ervin will be the number 2 back and ascend to number one by the Oklahoma game.  The defense will be in the top 10 in passing efficiency in the nation based off of what I saw on the Twitter.   I am glad you can read though.  I wouldn't have come to that conclusion on a text message board.  They probably will suck.  Frost isn't a good coach so far and turning it into a success is borderline impossible.  The odds are in the favor of them being terrible.  

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

How is Scott going away different than him getting fired?  Is he going to play hide and seek for a decade?  Coach from the moon?  Husker Mafia'ed?

Like others, I think you were taking my statements as "wanting to see him go".  That just isn't the case.  Like in a lit of counseling sessions I've been in, Scott is setting himself promising at the beginning of the season more than he needs to.  It's been a problem for him.

A fan like me who is hopeful to go 5-7 is not going to be the one who banters and goes negative to try to get Scott fired.  Search the board and you won't find me doing that.  Yet, most seasons this board has a good number of folks that bloviate some great record of 10-2 or 9-3 and then in the live threads on game day start saying stuff like, "I knew it ... Scott sacks.  He's a terrible coach.  Who do we go after next, etc."

Like an abused partner [fan], the comments are being expressed as, "Scott, the fans don't need your words anymore, we need to see your actions.  Stop bloviating with all the coachspeak.  Just coach and develop these kids.  We fully get that you think everyone is a great kid and a really good football player and this team is only one player away from the title.   Now, just go win 8-9 games with your easy schedule and beat all these teams you have already recruited better than for four years."