2023 Season Notes

D1 Baseball is nothing more than the SEC's propagandist forum. They have a disdain for the B1G and rarely have anything positive to say about any conference outside of the SEC. Hence the reason I refuse to pay a forum fee to their SEC sellout. Wish there was a decent 247 or other ncaa sporting news group that actually participated in ncaa baseball journalism but alas there isn't. So the bloviated, arrogant, SEC sellouts are the glorified know it alls. 

Through 33 games into the Husker season -  NIIIICE Power Numbers !!! 

We knew it could happen and it is  great to see it happening. chuckleshuffle

Brice Matthews 33 games started, 13HR, 53RBI, .409BA, 1.322OPS

Max Anderson 33 games started, 13HR, 45RBI, .417BA, 1.291OPS

Gabe Swansen 25 games started, 10HR, 28RBI, .298BA, 1.087OPS

Garrett Anglim 17 games started, 5HR, 13RBI, .344BA, 1.085OPS

On 4/7/2023 at 10:03 AM, Loebarth said:

D1 Baseball is nothing more than the SEC's propagandist forum. They have a disdain for the B1G and rarely have anything positive to say about any conference outside of the SEC. Hence the reason I refuse to pay a forum fee to their SEC sellout. Wish there was a decent 247 or other ncaa sporting news group that actually participated in ncaa baseball journalism but alas there isn't. So the bloviated, arrogant, SEC sellouts are the glorified know it alls. 

There are a ton of college baseball resources out there besides D1 Baseball. Just off the top of my head:

College Baseball Insiders

College Baseball Nation

A lot of the college baseball stuff that is out there is mostly podcast or live stream based so you'll need to do some digging on Twitter.

Granted D1 Baseball is the most comprehensive in terms of a website and having dedicated writers but to call them purely SEC shills is disingenuous as they have dedicated west coast folks as well. To put it bluntly, the Big Ten stinks this year at baseball so expecting a national publication to devote much time to a league that will be lucky to get 3 teams into regionals is probably a bit of a reach.

• Plus1 1

It's never bad news for a B1G school (regardless of where member school's fanbase puts said school) to receive hype. So there's that. Still, the schills wrote about a B1G team. Seriously? A paragraph and a half is "writing". D1 Baseball is the SEC's media darlings. Their website is all SEC and sprinkles for the rest of the ncaa. Sadly, you obviously paid their subscription fee. I once fell for that trap too but haven't given the SEC a penny for the last 4 (maybe 5) years. They are nothing more than SEC apologists and I puke with every article they spew from their S_i_ filled mouths. Can't stand that crew and their disdain for anything other than SEC!!! 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

It's never bad news for a B1G school (regardless of where member school's fanbase puts said school) to receive hype. So there's that. Still, the schills wrote about a B1G team. Seriously? A paragraph and a half is "writing". D1 Baseball is the SEC's media darlings. Their website is all SEC and sprinkles for the rest of the ncaa. Sadly, you obviously paid their subscription fee. I once fell for that trap too but haven't given the SEC a penny for the last 4 (maybe 5) years. They are nothing more than SEC apologists and I puke with every article they spew from their S_i_ filled mouths. Can't stand that crew and their disdain for anything other than SEC!!! 

Bruh, I don't know what to tell you. The SEC is far and away the best conference and they are going to get a fair amount of coverage.