2022 Pre-Season Coaches Poll

The Big Ten West is just horrid.

Once NU either gets competent coaching or the bad luck goes away...they will be winning the west 75% of the time.

Iowa coming off one of their best seasons ever and they can't even get ranked.  PU coming off one of their best seasons ever with a "star" QB back, can't get ranked.

Minny with their "stud" RB back and a 10th year starting QB back...can't get ranked.

• Plus1 4

I still think OU is over rated.  Their total makeover is worse than ours.  Yes, their talent level is higher than ours but they had a lot of keys transfers out after the coach LR cut the cords and ran to USC.    But hey, when we beat them, :ou1:for SF first signature win, it will be over a top 10 team.  :):bonez

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

When will the lame Utah votes stop?  That team seems to start in the top 10 every year and they always end up being lame.

You mean the Utah that went 10-4 and finished ranked 12th last year?  Or the Utah that went 11-3 in 2019 and finished 16h?

Not counting the Covid year, Utah has won 9+ games in 6 of the last 7 years.  They also won the Pac South in 2018, 2019, and 2021.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
55 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I still think OU is over rated.  Their total makeover is worse than ours.  Yes, their talent level is higher than ours but they had a lot of keys transfers out after the coach LR cut the cords and ran to USC.    But hey, when we beat them, :ou1:for SF first signature win, it will be over a top 10 team.  :):bonez

I agree that they are over rated but I don't think their talent level was that much higher.  Maybe in a few positions but I thought we matched up with them pretty well last year.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I agree that they are over rated but I don't think their talent level was that much higher.  Maybe in a few positions but I thought we matched up with them pretty well last year.  

Maybe but Insuspect OU took us lightly.  Our reputation precedes us and for four years we’ve shown most teams can beat us.  And OU did so last year despite not playing very well.  But we should be better this year and the stadium should be rocking’ IF they go in 3-0.  Got to play each game as if it’s our last.  Play the best they can, every snap, all 4 quarters, every week.  They’ll win more than they have IF they do.  GBR.  Play hard. Play smart.  

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You mean the Utah that went 10-4 and finished ranked 12th last year?  Or the Utah that went 11-3 in 2019 and finished 16h?

Not counting the Covid year, Utah has won 9+ games in 6 of the last 7 years.  They also won the Pac South in 2018, 2019, and 2021.

Ha...you mean the same records that Bo always had?  Yes, that Utah team.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

The Big Ten West is just horrid.

Once NU either gets competent coaching or the bad luck goes away...they will be winning the west 75% of the time.

Iowa coming off one of their best seasons ever and they can't even get ranked.  PU coming off one of their best seasons ever with a "star" QB back, can't get ranked.

Minny with their "stud" RB back and a 10th year starting QB back...can't get ranked.

57 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...you mean the same records that Bo always had?  Yes, that Utah team.

I feel like you don't even watch college football and are just a walking stereotype repeater.  The Big Ten West isn't spectacular, but it is always solid, and always better than Nebraska.  Utah finished #12 in the county.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1