2022 Pre-Season Coaches Poll

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I feel like you don't even watch college football and are just a walking stereotype repeater.  The Big Ten West isn't spectacular, but it is always solid, and always better than Nebraska.  Utah finished #12 in the county.   

Utah finished with the same record that most of Bo's teams did...and we hated it.

They also got beat by an OSU team that was playing mostly backups

They got worked by two non P5 teams in BYU and San Diego State

Then they lost to powerhouse Oregon State.

Pretty much a Bo type season...our fans would have lost their s#!t with those losses.  They had a "magical" season where they lost to TWO non P5 teams.

The Big Ten West is terrible and I explained why...honestly even calling it "solid" is not saying much.

Let me guess, you think ISU deserved to be ranked 8 in last years poll.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Utah finished with the same record that most of Bo's teams did...and we hated it.

They also got beat by an OSU team that was playing mostly backups

They got worked by two non P5 teams in BYU and San Diego State

Then they lost to powerhouse Oregon State.

Pretty much a Bo type season...our fans would have lost their s#!t with those losses.  They had a "magical" season where they lost to TWO non P5 teams.

The Big Ten West is terrible and I explained why...honestly even calling it "solid" is not saying much.

Let me guess, you think ISU deserved to be ranked 8 in last years poll.  

I simply think you make too much of things like Utah always sucking, the Big West always being so horrible and yet we can't even beat any of them.  I just see the same things over and over in your posts is all. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, runningblind said:

I simply think you make too much of things like Utah always sucking, the Big West always being so horrible and yet we can't even beat any of them.  I just see the same things over and over in your posts is all. 

Oh yeah, for sure.  Sadly I don't have a ton of original thoughts.  

You should see my stuff in the non-FB forums, it is even worse!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

When will the lame Utah votes stop?  That team seems to start in the top 10 every year and they always end up being lame.

I used to feel that way about Michigan State back in the day.  Ranked every preseason and finish 6-5 or so.

It has felt kind of similar for me since Pete Carroll (USC) escaped to Seattle.  

50 minutes ago, admo said:

I used to feel that way about Michigan State back in the day.  Ranked every preseason and finish 6-5 or so.

It has felt kind of similar for me since Pete Carroll (USC) escaped to Seattle.  

If you look at the MSU history they are filled with 6-7 win seasons!  That is basically all they ever do!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gage County said:

I looked it up, they have one 6-7 season in 126 years. Do you teach Historic Fiction?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/michigan-state/index.html

"Filled with 6-7 win seasons"

As in, they have a lot of 6 and 7 win seasons.  Not as in the final record being 6 wins and 7 losses.

Since 1980 alone, they have 15 seasons of 6 and/or 7 wins.  

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/michigan-state/index.html

"Filled with 6-7 win seasons"

As in, they have a lot of 6 and 7 win seasons.  Not as in the final record being 6 wins and 7 losses.

Since 1980 alone, they have 15 seasons of 6 and/or 7 wins.  

Yeah, I missed the 'win,' that changes the context considerably!

Sparty is my second favorite team, if I had a second favorite team. I adopted them when Saben brought them to Lincoln. I met some really cool fans bartending at Cliff's. Now I live 45 minutes from the stadium. Starting with Dantonio, they've been a top tier team most seasons.