Big Ten Media

2 hours ago, admo said:

No clue, but I think the B1G has been negotiating behind closed doors and looking to grab onto NBC.  With hopes for ND to join USC & UCLA.

The conference would have the big ten network and NBC for games.

ESPN is out after 40 years of our games (including ABC).

Fox has rights to 22 pac-12 games a year.  USC & UCLA left that conference.

CBS has SEC games (and SEC Network) plus Army/Navy.

ESPN and Fox might to do something to show ACC games, Big 12 games, Pac 12 games, and Memphis vs Houston type games.

I'm just guessing

SEC Network owned by ABC/ESPN

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe?  But they are always hungry for live content so that would be kind of odd.

As horrible as it is, Indiana vs Purdue will still draw better than most any other game that is not the marquee matchup of the weekend.

It’s the other way around. The Big Ten is looking for a different TV partner than ESPN. 

FOX has the Tier 1 rights, so they will have the first right to choose the Big Ten game each Saturday, along with showing games on FS1 and FS2. FOX also increased their stake in the BTN and owns 60% of that network. 

The Tier 2 rights is what looks to be going to CBS and/or NBC. CBS and NBC are looking for more inventory of games, especially on Saturday afternoons and sometimes Saturday nights.

This is not ESPN squeezing out the Big Ten. This is the Big Ten realizing they can get plenty of cash from networks outside of ESPN, and making the push to say that ESPN doesn’t own college football. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s the other way around. The Big Ten is looking for a different TV partner than ESPN. 

FOX has the Tier 1 rights, so they will have the first right to choose the Big Ten game each Saturday, along with showing games on FS1 and FS2. FOX also increased their stake in the BTN and owns 60% of that network. 

The Tier 2 rights is what looks to be going to CBS and/or NBC. CBS and NBC are looking for more inventory of games, especially on Saturday afternoons and sometimes Saturday nights.

This is not ESPN squeezing out the Big Ten. This is the Big Ten realizing they can get plenty of cash from networks outside of ESPN, and making the push to say that ESPN doesn’t own college football. 

I like that!  I can now drop eSECpn.

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Right BUT if you do put one on, it is ESPN College Gameday.  

The Fox one I never really think about watching.  The BTN one I never watch.  

Honestly, as someone who used to watch Gameday religously... it's just not the same. I'll still watch it that first weekend, and also flip it on first thing on saturdays because the opening gets me in the mood for the day, but after that.... IDK.

I've been watching the Fox show more, because they actually cover more stuff. Also, while the BTN show isn't as "high quality" at least they talk about all the matchups. Gameday is 3 hours long, but only about 30 minutes of it is actually useful. Outside of the picks at the end of the show, the rest of it is all fluff pieces or focused on like 6 teams and the playoff.

• Plus1 3