What's the future for NU football? Forecasting five years down the road

5 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

These two statements seem at odds to me. 

I get it. These four years have been tough. That's why I worry that it won't work.

Do I want it to work? YES!

Do I think Scott and Trev had a great offseason in working towards that? YES!

Can I say I am 100 percent confident? No

Five years down the road, I am hoping that we will be able to say Scott found his way through this hardship and that we are now winning a decent number of games and blah, blah, blah.

I honestly don't know who we would hire if it doesn't pan out. I am still in shock that it hasn't to this point. When Scott came on, I thought, THIS IS IT. WE FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT.

Hoping that if the bad happens, there will be somebody who can just grind us back to getting the job done more than we don't.

Well, it is odd.  But it's why I've advocated that Scott stop just stop the coachspeak and plug away.  Trev gave him the changes and the year.  We need to support it/him.

I have not bought in and have my honest prediction.  It's not what I want or hope for.  I will watch with great interest.  

I really see no reason to not go at least 8-4, bit lots of changes and Scott's way has not worked.  He is getting every opportunity.  Hope he can pull off a good to great season.

• Plus1 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, runningblind said:

I remember sitting in the stadium for pregame in college, early 2000s, and they would play "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen.  I remember thinking why in the hell do you play that at Nebraska when we are trending downwards?!  Here we are.  Thanks stadium music guy, you utter moron. 

Let’s hope we’ve found the bottom and are going up from here on 

15 - 29 at a school that wanted (needed was the word being thrown around) him so much that the word "hype" seemed like sacrilege.  Well... I feel like I don't know whether Scott Frost broke the program or the program broke him. 

5 years from now?  Different crew, obviously.  Relevant football program again?  We've been in a place now of having the same hopes to reality ratio as just about any other lower tier school in the Big Ten.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Said Pelini: (2009 Holiday Bowl) “Nebraska is back, and we’re here to stay. ... Where we are right now, I believe we can beat anybody in the United States.”

So even Bo wasn’t sure he could win in Ireland. Frost has a chance to really make his mark here in a couple weeks. 

• Haha 2