This is NOT A BUSINESS TRIP... This is playing football in IRELAND =)

admo

It's a perfectly good time to start engaging the players, and asking if they are pumped up and ready to go to Ireland and play some football.

I mean, the staff did not sell the idea of playing in Ireland as a "business trip" to recruits, transfer portal players and current players.  

Let them get juiced up with excitement of playing in a tremendous venue.... as the college football world begins :)

They guys will put in the work, for sure...... but allow them to get excited about it.

We all know it might be a sluggish first half as both teams work through hitting, tackling, some misses, some mistakes, some turnovers...... I mean neither team has played real physical football since November.  Things happen.

But please, with all due respect, allow these college student athletes some happiness and excitement looking forward to a game in Ireland.  It is not a business trip, do-or-die situation.  It's an amazing, exciting, fun privilege to play oversea that other school teams will not get to embrace and enjoy.  Let the players get jacked up and they will bring the juice.

• Plus1 2

The difference in the trip is that Nebraska, unlike Northwestern, plays the following week. Nebraska is getting there a day earlier than Northwestern and flying home immediately after the game. Northwestern however isn't flying home until late Monday so they will have a day to tour Dublin and enjoy a little of the culture. Neither team will have time to do any touring before the game. So, to your point, for the huskers it is a business trip same as a game at Michigan or any other continental based game is. Sadly, our men won't and don't get the same opportunities that Northwestern players will get thanks to scheduling.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

I hope they are looking forward to eating some sweet purple cabbage and dumplings.... playing golf... meeting people... sight seeing....  enjoying roast beef.... liver dumpling soup (mmmm a must!)....  a lauger beer.... taking photos.... being together as a Husker fam....

They will put in the time and the work for the game.

When they fly in, it will feel like the Grand Canyon...... except greener :)

The players need to get amped up for Ireland.  They will be ready by kickoff.  

I promise

The mindset vs Northwestern should be excited, yes, but no different than playing North Dakota, Rutgers or Indiana.  

Except,  you won't be playing in Lincoln, or somewhere else in the states.

Let the juicy juices flow !!!!  

Have fun and kick a$$ !!!!!

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, admo said:

The mindset vs Northwestern should be excited, yes, but no different than playing North Dakota, Rutgers or Indiana.  

Except,  you won't be playing in Lincoln, or somewhere else in the states.

Let the juicy juices flow !!!!  

Have fun and kick a$$ !!!!!

Northwestern should be excited because there will be fewer Husker fans there than if the game was in Evanston.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, admo said:

It's a perfectly good time to start engaging the players, and asking if they are pumped up and ready to go to Ireland and play some football.

I mean, the staff did not sell the idea of playing in Ireland as a "business trip" to recruits, transfer portal players and current players.  

Let them get juiced up with excitement of playing in a tremendous venue.... as the college football world begins :)

They guys will put in the work, for sure...... but allow them to get excited about it.

We all know it might be a sluggish first half as both teams work through hitting, tackling, some misses, some mistakes, some turnovers...... I mean neither team has played real physical football since November.  Things happen.

But please, with all due respect, allow these college student athletes some happiness and excitement looking forward to a game in Ireland.  It is not a business trip, do-or-die situation.  It's an amazing, exciting, fun privilege to play oversea that other school teams will not get to embrace and enjoy.  Let the players get jacked up and they will bring the juice.

Didn't you already post this in the NW thread?  Was there a need to start a new topic to post it all again?

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

I disagree...  It is a business trip. They need to take care of Business on the field and enjoy Ireland after lol. 

They will be loading a plane right after the game and heading home. Similar to a bowl game. 

They need to be focused on the game. But, I’m confident the program has enough planned the week before the game to enjoy the trip. They are there for a week.