Poll - How many games will we win Regular Season & Bowl. NC Playoff Poll later! :>)

2022 Season Wins  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are within the 2 week window before game #1 Aug 27.  Fall Camp seems to have gone well.  Thought I'd get the

pulse of Husker Nation on expectations on the regular season & bowl game.  How many games (including a bowl game) do you think we will win

now that we've had Fall Camp & Spring Ball and have added New Portal Players, New Coaches, and a new Offensive Philosophy.

Note: I said regular season games & bowl- We will do a new poll when we get into the NC playoffs :):koolaid2::restore2

My Take: We will go 8-5 

We win 2 out of these four games:  OU:ou1: Michigan, Wisc, Iowa   And then loose 2 more plus the bowl game which will be a new experience for these players. 

• Plus1 1

I'm way too optimistic every year and I'm always wrong, but I can't help myself. I picked 9 wins, I think we drop 3 out of Oklahoma, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Of course, at this point nothing would shock me so another 3 win season is possible. But I think we have a solid chance in every game which I haven't been able to say in a while - we had plenty of chances to beat each of those 5 teams last year.

• Haha 1

I voted seven wins.

Here's where I'm at:

Northwestern - Win
North Dakota - Win
Georgia Southern - Win
Oklahoma - loss
Indiana - toss-up
Rutgers - Win
Purdue - toss-up
Illinois - toss-up
Minnesota - toss-up
Michigan - loss
Wisconsin - loss
Iowa - loss

I figure that's four sure wins, and four games I can just about count on being losses.

We've played Iowa and Wisconsin close the last couple of games, but there are kids in First Grade who've never seen Nebraska beat either team. It's possible we split these, but it's safer to count them as losses at this point.

I think Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota are toss-ups. We could split half these games, go 1-3 or 3-1. 

Four outright wins, three probable wins, and five almost sure losses. 

That's still a bowl game, though. 

Baby steps.

• Plus1 1

My Hopeful Season:

Northwestern - Win
North Dakota - Win
Georgia Southern - Win
Oklahoma - loss
Indiana - Win
Rutgers - Win
Purdue - Win
Illinois - Win
Minnesota - Win
Michigan - loss
Wisconsin - Win
Iowa - loss

The 2 games that scare me are North Dakota at home (trap game) and Purdue (road game) I'm relatively (well, as confident as preseason allows) confident on the other 7. Either way I expect 9 wins at most. If in regular season they win 9 I expect a bowl loss. If we win 8 regular season I expect a bowl win

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

My OP says we'll do that poll when we get in the playoff.  That will be a do we win one or 2 games poll!!!

Your thread title doesn't  and the championship game isn't part of the regular season either :P 

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I voted seven wins.

Here's where I'm at:

Northwestern - Win
North Dakota - Win
Georgia Southern - Win
Oklahoma - loss
Indiana - toss-up
Rutgers - Win
Purdue - toss-up
Illinois - toss-up
Minnesota - toss-up
Michigan - loss
Wisconsin - loss
Iowa - loss

I figure that's four sure wins, and four games I can just about count on being losses.

We've played Iowa and Wisconsin close the last couple of games, but there are kids in First Grade who've never seen Nebraska beat either team. It's possible we split these, but it's safer to count them as losses at this point.

I think Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota are toss-ups. We could split half these games, go 1-3 or 3-1. 

Four outright wins, three probable wins, and five almost sure losses. 

That's still a bowl game, though. 

Baby steps.

I just about said the same thing but the ever loving :koolaid2: in me said we'll win 2 of those big name games. I'm always concerned about Mini - just because we seem to have a mental breakdown against them each year and I think the Indy, Purde and Illi 3some will be a trap for us - with one of those games being a potential ugly loss (thinking Ill or Purdue).  By then the season will start to feel long.  So Frost will need to keep the motivation high going into those last 6 games.  Bowl game - we end up playing a better team and I marked that as a loss.   

• TGHusker changed the title to Poll - How many games will we win Regular Season & Bowl. NC Playoff Poll later! :>)

19 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

The 2 games that scare me are North Dakota at home (trap game) and Purdue (road game) I'm relatively (well, as confident as preseason allows) confident on the other 7. Either way I expect 9 wins at most. If in regular season they win 9 I expect a bowl loss. If we win 8 regular season I expect a bowl win

You do realize the is North Dakota fighting hawks, not North Dakota State, right?  They went 5-6 last year in the Missouri Valley Conference, lost 7 of their 8 leading tacklers, had the majority of their returners out this past spring, and had their "star" running back transfer.  If we don't win that game, Frost is out.

Back on topic - 8 wins seems pretty reasonable.  We will beat either Iowa or Wisconsin this season.   

• Plus1 1

I debated between 6 and 7, but ultimately chose 7. I have us losing to OU, Purdue, and the final 3 games of the year. Minnesota is a toss-up, but I have us winning a close one since it's at home. If this scenario plays out, 7-5 but losing the final 3, it'll be interesting to see how TA responds. Very well could hinge on our bowl performance.

I also think Northwestern is the trap game that we must win. Lose that one, and it's all downhill from there.

• Plus1 3

Voted 6 wins.  Just can't predict this team, under this HC, doing more until I see it.  Case in point 2021.  Lose an OU game where we played pretty well.  Then a heartbreaker to MSU where the D dominated the 2nd half.  Then the roll on Northwestern.  Then the Michigan heartbreak.  How do we follow it up?  An egg to Minnesota AND Purdue when our strength, the D, could not get key stops.  Devastating.

2022 prediction: Scott's "best" year.  Multiple close losses.  Hard time closing the deal.

Northwestern - Win
North Dakota - Win
Georgia Southern - Win
Oklahoma - Loss
Indiana - Win
Rutgers - Win
Purdue - Loss
Illinois - Win
Minnesota - Loss
Michigan - Loss
Wisconsin - Loss
Iowa - Loss