Poll - How many games will we win Regular Season & Bowl. NC Playoff Poll later! :>)

2022 Season Wins  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

14-0 means we win the Big Ten title game,  but get left out of the playoff?!  Or we go 12-0, but get left out of the Big title game,  make the playoffs and win the natty.

No no no no.

We're winning the natty but the Rutgers game is going to get canceled due to a freak hurricane.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I had voted for five [5] wins.  However, after reading all the superlatives in this article ...

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/nebraska-football-coach-scott-frost-on-radio-season-opener-dublin-northwestern/

... now, I expect 11-1 or 10-2.  Man, it just sounds like across the board we are gonna be just phenomenal.  With the easy schedule, Frost shouldn't even be safe at 9-3.  We should be favored in all but the Michigan game and should meet up to beat OSU in the B1G championship.

I had no idea that we had made such amazing strides.  What I thought I was hearing was "coachspeak".  Now, I'm seeing that it must be just sheer confidence in their ability to develop these kids.

I'll buy in ... the order is restored and 9-3 is the absolute worst option but we are in the hunt to win not only the B1G but also Natty.

I can now affirm also that "Iowa Sucks" and Wisky has a weak OL.  They won't stand a chance against our elite DL.

I had us with a 24 point win against NW.  I'm believing it is a 31 point win now.

Go Big Red

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I had voted for five [5] wins.  However, after reading all the superlatives in this article ...

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/nebraska-football-coach-scott-frost-on-radio-season-opener-dublin-northwestern/

... now, I expect 11-1 or 10-2.  Man, it just sounds like across the board we are gonna be just phenomenal.  With the easy schedule, Frost shouldn't even be safe at 9-3.  We should be favored in all but the Michigan game and should meet up to beat OSU in the B1G championship.

I had no idea that we had made such amazing strides.  What I thought I was hearing was "coachspeak".  Now, I'm seeing that it must be just sheer confidence in their ability to develop these kids.

I'll buy in ... the order is restored and 9-3 is the absolute worst option but we are in the hunt to win not only the B1G but also Natty.

I can now affirm also that "Iowa Sucks" and Wisky has a weak OL.  They won't stand a chance against our elite DL.

I had us with a 24 point win against NW.  I'm believing it is a 31 point win now.

Go Big Red

Here @BigRedN you forgot a couple of these.  Let me pour for you: :koolaid2::koolaid2:

• Oh Yeah! 2

Losing games that we are projected to win is hard to take, worse than losing as an underdog of course.  If it were as simple as picking our wins based on our perceived strengths Vegas would be broke and I'd be driving a Bugatti instead of a Yugo. 

I see 5 wins max, mainly because we now have a history of knowing how to lose much more than how to win;  it's marbled into Husker football culture now, and that is more powerful than any cadre of coaches can be. 

I think they win 8.  I have no idea which of those 8 games it will be.  If they get a good match up, I see them winning their bowl for a 9-4 season. 

I am optimistic because I think the defense is going to be pretty good.  You know top 30. 

I am optimistic because AM is not the starting QB this year.   Whether you think he was the biggest problem on offense, the least of our problems or somewhere in between it was time for him to leave. Four years was enough as the starter. 

I am perfectly happy that Casey Thompson or Chubba Purdy as going to be QB this team.  I like Thompson he wasn't Texas's problem last year winning games.  It was the sieve of a defense that couldn't stop anyone. 

I think special teams will improve.  Even if it is just average and not a liability that is probably worth 1 win. 

3 minutes ago, Hagg said:

we now have a history of knowing how to lose much more than how to win;  it's marbled into Husker football culture now

I'd say that cultural issue is changing. I'd say the defensive mindset is proof of the change. I'd also say, there is reason to believe the "marbled" statement is also changing as there is more excitement this year than if past years. At least here in Omaha.. I speak to random fans daily (my job requires me to converse) and I can tell you the only marbled losing culture is in the hearts of those less than 30 yo. Those 30 and older can feel the change and by years end so too will the doubters!! We won't win 12 games but we're closer to 10 than 6 imo. Time will tell, yes!!

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I'd say that cultural issue is changing. I'd say the defensive mindset is proof of the change. I'd also say, there is reason to believe the "marbled" statement is also changing as there is more excitement this year than if past years. At least here in Omaha.. I speak to random fans daily (my job requires me to converse) and I can tell you the only marbled losing culture is in the hearts of those less than 30 yo. Those 30 and older can feel the change and by years end so too will the doubters!! We won't win 12 games but we're closer to 10 than 6 imo. Time will tell, yes!!

Im right with you. For alot of Husker faithful this game will say alot about the off season. For me the first game won't tell me much except that they came prepared to win. I can see that this team is hungry and Casey Thompson is smart enough to live to see another down and not put the team in a spot not to score points. I think he has plenty of moxie and poise and skill to succeed along with the rest of his teammates. If they go 8-4 or 9-3 or even 7-5 that is a successful season. You have to start somewhere and i believe this will be the year.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Many of us (tens of thousands) have been saying pretty much all of those things for quite some time now.  Sadly we've watched it all get trashed as we went from coaching staff to coaching staff, and then once Scott the Savior arrived, from game to game for several seasons now.   But, I love to be wrong when I think they're going to lose and they do not.  The hope is that I am as wrong as can be about this season!  And seasons to come.  But sheesh, man.  It occurs to me that losing is now built in.  Deeply.  So... We'll still honor our tickets and go to every home game and many road games and do the cheers as loud as all those around us as always, but we know what to expect now and it's the opposite of what we used to expect many years ago.