Irish Times

Kayvan

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder if he’s an Iowa grad. 

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was guessing Colorado. Nobody hates us worse than them.

He writes for the Irish Times. Think Notre Dame. Huskers are 3-0 in his lifetime with Touchdown Jesus looking down at a Husker Red-Out.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

This guy is a real arse.

There are sound financial reasons for bringing this match to Dublin. The Nebraska faithful will travel in great numbers and spend hugely. The live television broadcast will include sumptuous shots of scenic Ireland and inevitably twee shamroguery to boot.

Cameras will no doubt capture Cornhuskers cavorting merrily along Lansdowne Road wearing the commemorative leprechaun merchandise already being flogged online.

The only question is if any of them will be the same “fans” who told three of their own black players they should be lynched for kneeling in protest before the national anthem back in 2016.

He's an Irish expat living in New York, with apparently no connection to Nebraska, or really even college football at all. He's an author and professor at a local community college in New York. No idea what would make him write a hit piece like this, but here we are.

Céad míle fáilte indeed.

"Welcome."

That's hardly a welcome, you bellend. 

• Plus1 2

Sheesh.  Get over yourself guy.  This guy might have a deal with football but I think he just really wanted to cram a bunch of oft known words into one sentence:

"For putting their bodies on the line, incurring concussions that will haunt them for decades and physical injuries destined to disfigure their dotage, all but the biggest stars will trouser around $4,000 for the season"

1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Not a total hatchet job LP and Mo were idiots that could play ball.

I would use a worse word than idiot for LP.

Anyhow, it's not that what he's stating is incorrect (I only skimmed and most of it was accurate, except the opinion stuff like saying how the US views Nebraska in this light, which is bulls#!t. They view Nebraska as a mediocre football team that used to be awesome), it's that you could literally write an article like this for any team in the universe if you wanted to. You have to just like finding the top 10 worst things about a team and then your article looks like this. The only reason to do it is if you think it'll get you more clicks than taking a different angle.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

you could literally write an article like this for any team in the universe if you wanted to.

Exactly. Which is what makes this so baffling. 

Maybe he wrote a similar article about other teams that have played over there, but this seemed oddly direct and vitriolic. As a guy who apparently has nothing to do with CFB, he had to go looking for a lot of that stuff. Why?