2022-2023 Season Notes

ESPN has put out their B1G preview.  Not much love for the Huskers - all the "experts" have them either 13th or 14th.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34845769/big-ten-2022-23-conference-preview-league-national-title-drought-end

Lunardi: I find Nebraska's Big Ten storyline fascinating. Growing up, the Cornhuskers partly defined college football for me. Now, they are close to irrelevant.

In basketball, they remain the only power conference school never to win an NCAA tournament game. That should be impossible, given the overwhelming resources and random luck, but consider this: The 2018-19 Cornhuskers were headed for perhaps a single-digit NCAA seed before Isaac Copeland got hurt. Since then, they're 30-77 (24-67 under Fred Hoiberg) and picked for another second-division finish. Oh, and the football team fired another coach.

Maybe moving to the Big Ten wasn't such a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....how many games do we will this year?

By my count, there are 31 games on the schedule.  I'm going to go with 8 wins.  This sucks, I'm usually one that is optimistic before a season starts.  It sucks because I feel like this is actually being optimistic.  

ESPN's BPI predicts 14 wins (out of the 29 known games - 2 are unknown opponents in Orlando) w/ 8 conference wins.  That may be overly optimistic, but I don't think it's unrealistic.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....how many games do we will this year?

By my count, there are 31 games on the schedule.  I'm going to go with 8 wins.  This sucks, I'm usually one that is optimistic before a season starts.  It sucks because I feel like this is actually being optimistic.  

We won 10 games last year.

We lost our best player (maybe two) and are probably worse this year.

I would guess 8 is about right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...