2022-2023 Season Notes

10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hate the "all our teams are good, we just beat each other up argument," but the fact that a single win will make a team either the 2 seed or the 9 seed makes that about as true a statement as its ever been.

The B1G this year has 1 really good team, 12 teams that could beat each other any given night, and 1 really bad team.  I think there is a lot of "meh" in that middle group, but everyone beating each other has evened everything out.  I'll probably have at most 1 B1G team moving to the Sweet 16 in my bracket(s).  

B1G projected NCAA seeds from ESPN:

Purdue 2

Indiana 4

Michigan St 6

Northwestern 7

Iowa 7

Illinois 8

Maryland 8

Rutgers 11

Wisconsin 11

Penn St 11

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Alright, lets say Big Red goes to the Big Tourney, knocks off Minny, squeeks by Maryland, and comes up just short against Indy. Record sits at 18-16, with a good number of quad 1 wins, and no quad 3 or 4 losses. Does it squeak into the Tourney? - I think we're a lock for the Not Invited Tourney, but is there a reality where NU could potentially still make the dance short of winning the BIG Tourney?

42 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Alright, lets say Big Red goes to the Big Tourney, knocks off Minny, squeeks by Maryland, and comes up just short against Indy. Record sits at 18-16, with a good number of quad 1 wins, and no quad 3 or 4 losses. Does it squeak into the Tourney? - I think we're a lock for the Not Invited Tourney, but is there a reality where NU could potentially still make the dance short of winning the BIG Tourney?

Nope - we needed to beat Michigan State and win at least 2 in the tourney to get anywhere close to the field of 64.  Our only shot to make the tourney is to win it all.  I honestly don't think we are a lock yet for the NIT.  We are still ranked in the 90s...  I think we need to beat Minny and at minimum have a good showing against Maryland to be considered.