2022-2023 Season Notes

There are currently 6 teams at 9-7 in-conference, plus Indiana at 10-7.  

We are currently 7-10 with Penn State and Wisconsin at 7-9.  

So there could be a ton of changes yet.

Seems like moving up to the #11 seed would be handy.  Not sure if we really want to move up to #10 as we might be able to use the extra win (hopefully) by playing on Day 1.

FplmzvVWcAsjxye?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

win 2/3 to finish the season and win 1 in the tourney and I think they deserve a strong look at NIT.

I do also have an honest question. Lets just say they win out in the regular season. finish 10-10 in BIG. 

Would they have to win the BIG tourney to go dancing or can they get in with 2 wins in the tourney. I know if feels crazy, but am curious if there is a path?

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

win 2/3 to finish the season and win 1 in the tourney and I think they deserve a strong look at NIT.

I do also have an honest question. Lets just say they win out in the regular season. finish 10-10 in BIG. 

Would they have to win the BIG tourney to go dancing or can they get in with 2 wins in the tourney. I know if feels crazy, but am curious if there is a path?

Two wins in the tourney would be 19-15 overall.  That's probably right on the edge  - 20 wins is usually a good number.  But the B1G doesn't seem particularly strong this year so that probably doesn't help.

Probably depends on who the tournament wins are against.  Probably need at least one Q1 in there.

It's not just the NET ranking that hate Nebraska, it is all of the computer rankings.

When looking at the composite of all computer rankings (https://masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm), Nebraska is #91.  In only 6 of the 60ish rankings are we higher than #70.  Our high is #54 in the Rhamey rankings, low is #150 in the 7OT rankings.

Besides SOS, our under the hood numbers are not great.

FYI, Ohio St is #85 in the computer composite rankings. 

• Plus1 2