2022-2023 Season Notes

7 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

DRatings does not have Nebraska even being considered for the NIT at this time (last update was this morning)

D Ratings BRACKETOLOGY

It's not helping NU's cause that they have 10 automatic qualifiers because they won the regular season, but lost in the conference tournament in one bid conferences.

I think they have a chance to be in the NCAA tournament by making the final if there aren't a bunch of other upsets.  If they beat Minnesota,  Maryland,  Indiana & Northwestern on the way to the championship game.  They would avoid a bad loss by beat Minnesota & the other 3 would be Q1 wins.  They would be 20-15 with 7 Q1 wins, no bad losses & 10-15 against quadrants 1& 2.

Unfortunately I’m left to wonder if the Huskers improved record this year shows improvement on our part or is more about regression of much of the rest of the conference. 

A lot of parity usually doesn’t mean a lot of greatness. More a lot of mediocrity. 

Of course, mediocrity would be an improvement for us.  

On 3/6/2023 at 5:52 PM, ECisGod said:

It's not helping NU's cause that they have 10 automatic qualifiers because they won the regular season, but lost in the conference tournament in one bid conferences.

I think they have a chance to be in the NCAA tournament by making the final if there aren't a bunch of other upsets.  If they beat Minnesota,  Maryland,  Indiana & Northwestern on the way to the championship game.  They would avoid a bad loss by beat Minnesota & the other 3 would be Q1 wins.  They would be 20-15 with 7 Q1 wins, no bad losses & 10-15 against quadrants 1& 2.

I think the hill might still be too hard to climb.

I honestly believe they should be considered more of a bubble team than Wisconsin.

If they get to the B1G champ game, I still dont know if it will be enough. I think it should be but the NET ratings and other analytics just dont like us. 

I look at this as more of a stepping stone to next year. They seem to have found an identity(finally) and can build on that.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Either Rutgers or Michigan was guaranteed to be in the NIT after they played today, so they didn't really "take" a bid from Nebraska.  Rutgers could still end up there depending on what they do tomorrow & it wouldn't really be "taken" from Nebraska either.  They pretty much handed their NIT bid back to the NCAA by losing last night.

• TBH 1