2022-2023 Season Notes

51 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I know there's still six weeks left in the season, but is it too early to start talking about what is potentially coming back next season?

No...because that's about all we have to look forward to at this point with all the injuries.  So, it looks like we have the following:

Wilcher So

Hoiberg RsFr

Lloyd Fr

McPherson RsFr

Gary Jr

Lawrence Fr

Dawson RsFr

Keita So

Grace RsFr

Tominaga Jr

jacobson Fr

Breidenbach So

Kojenets RsFr

Burt Fr

We need Keita to develop as a player BAD.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this.  Tominaga is becoming a very fun player to watch.  The guy has so many things he can do on the offensive end.  Haven't paid attention enough to know how he does specifically on defense.  

But....I really wish the guy would have been starting from the beginning of the year.  He's the one player who has come in the last few years that's supposed to be a good shooter.....that is finally starting to show that he actually can shoot.  He's sitting at .391 on 3s and .485 overall. .903 with free throws.

I hope he sticks around for his entire 4 years.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I will say this.  Tominaga is becoming a very fun player to watch.  The guy has so many things he can do on the offensive end.  Haven't paid attention enough to know how he does specifically on defense.  

But....I really wish the guy would have been starting from the beginning of the year.  He's the one player who has come in the last few years that's supposed to be a good shooter.....that is finally starting to show that he actually can shoot.  He's sitting at .391 on 3s and .485 overall. .903 with free throws.

I hope he sticks around for his entire 4 years.

He works hard on defense, but isn't great.  He's kind of small so he gets overpowered at times and is pretty easy to shoot over on close outs on three pointers.  He's listed at 6'2', 175, but I'm not sure he's that tall.

He was a juco transfer, so this is his fourth year of college (two at the juco, two here).  If he uses his covid year, he could come back next year. 

10 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He works hard on defense, but isn't great.  He's kind of small so he gets overpowered at times and is pretty easy to shoot over on close outs on three pointers.  He's listed at 6'2', 175, but I'm not sure he's that tall.

He was a juco transfer, so this is his fourth year of college (two at the juco, two here).  If he uses his covid year, he could come back next year. 

OK, on the roster he's listed as a Junior.  Maybe that's because of his COVID year.

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, on the roster he's listed as a Junior.  Maybe that's because of his COVID year.

Nebraska is listing everyone as if they are going to take their covid year - except Juwan Gary.  Gary played two years at Alabama & now one here, so he could be a third year sophomore, but is listed as a junior.

I think it is likely that he sticks around as long as Hoiberg is back.  He's not going to the NBA & he can go back to Japan (or Europe) and become a pro anytime he wants. 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:31 PM, BigRedBuster said:

No...because that's about all we have to look forward to at this point with all the injuries.  So, it looks like we have the following:

Wilcher So

Hoiberg RsFr

Lloyd Fr

McPherson RsFr

Gary Jr

Lawrence Fr

Dawson RsFr

Keita So

Grace RsFr

Tominaga Jr

jacobson Fr

Breidenbach So

Kojenets RsFr

Burt Fr

We need Keita to develop as a player BAD.

Word is Tominaga may go back to Japan.  He was supposedly offered $500k+ last year to stay and play there.  And he can't make NIL money as an international player.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is Tominaga may go back to Japan.  He was supposedly offered $500k+ last year to stay and play there.  And he can't make NIL money as an international player.

If he does, Wilcher will have to become a much more consistent 3 point shooter & Lawrence will have to maintain his current rate with more opportunities.  Would be nice if Gary & Dawson would become more consistent shooters too.