How are you feeling - Game week?

Heart Rate Monitor.mov GIF | Gfycat

Game week.

How is everyone feeling at this point?  Not just a matter of expected wins and losses, but as a Cornhusker Fan, do you have butterflies, a sense of calm... what?

There is a new sense of excitement of a new QB, and Nebraska practice wise seems to be at a whole other level.  The team that has played all out till they puke, in my opinion is going to remain the better team in the 4th Quarter. 

My Dad passed in Jan of 2018, and I know at Scott Frost's 1st game as Nebraska Head Coach against Akron, the Thunder and Lightning in the heavens was him getting everyone to root for the team.  

It's time to rally behind these young men for a full season.  Be Loud and Be Proud.  We're Cornhusker Fans.  We've been ready for this for a long time.  Time to let the team know we are behind them 100%

8-4 7-5 9-3  heck, lets let the team know if they will it, and play the best they can play, we'll root them on to an undefeated season.  

Yes I will pass the kool-aid

• Plus1 1

So, Covid finally found my family last week. My symptoms were very mild, but when I was on the upswing, my senses of taste and smell suddenly went away. Now, I absolutely love eating. Trying new foods, discovering flavors, and eating and cooking food is simply a major part of my identity. But now there is no joy in it. I still eat food of course, out of an obligation, because I am hungry. But nothing satisfies me, and I get no excitement these days out of eating, cooking, or shopping. I used to get excited to eat, but my last meal was bland. My next meal will be bland. But I am going to eat anyway. I hope to be excited about eating again someday, because I remember what food used to taste like. But lately I've eaten too many tasteless bites and have been disappointed. I don't know when I will be able to taste again. I won't be excited about food until I actually take a bite and sense some flavor again. 

And in my own self pity about food and loss of taste, I also realized this is a perfect analogy for how I feel about Husker football. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

If we're talking ball then I'm actually feeling more hopeful than not.  I'm hopeful that despite a questionable o line that better QB decision making beginning of course with Casey Thompson this year could help make those o line issues less severe and in turn help out our defense more than last year.  This is what I'm hoping for.

Of course defense, special teams, etc are just as important but a lot rests on who is qb'ing this offense in terms of winning more than 3 games imo.

27 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So, Covid finally found my family last week. My symptoms were very mild, but when I was on the upswing, my senses of taste and smell suddenly went away. Now, I absolutely love eating. Trying new foods, discovering flavors, and eating and cooking food is simply a major part of my identity. But now there is no joy in it. I still eat food of course, out of an obligation, because I am hungry. But nothing satisfies me, and I get no excitement these days out of eating, cooking, or shopping. I used to get excited to eat, but my last meal was bland. My next meal will be bland. But I am going to eat anyway. I hope to be excited about eating again someday, because I remember what food used to taste like. But lately I've eaten too many tasteless bites and have been disappointed. I don't know when I will be able to taste again. I won't be excited about food until I actually take a bite and sense some flavor again. 

And in my own self pity about food and loss of taste, I also realized this is a perfect analogy for how I feel about Husker football. 

Good take.

I'm nervous for Week 0. There has been many times where NW/Fitz were counted out going into the season and put together a Top 25 campaign. We are probably pretty confident after last season, but if Fitz has pulled off a miracle once again, and has a Top 25 group, we could get smacked in the mouth and our season derailed before most teams even take the field. 

• Plus1 2