How are you feeling - Game week?

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

So, Covid finally found my family last week. My symptoms were very mild, but when I was on the upswing, my senses of taste and smell suddenly went away. Now, I absolutely love eating. Trying new foods, discovering flavors, and eating and cooking food is simply a major part of my identity. But now there is no joy in it. I still eat food of course, out of an obligation, because I am hungry. But nothing satisfies me, and I get no excitement these days out of eating, cooking, or shopping. I used to get excited to eat, but my last meal was bland. My next meal will be bland. But I am going to eat anyway. I hope to be excited about eating again someday, because I remember what food used to taste like. But lately I've eaten too many tasteless bites and have been disappointed. I don't know when I will be able to taste again. I won't be excited about food until I actually take a bite and sense some flavor again. 

And in my own self pity about food and loss of taste, I also realized this is a perfect analogy for how I feel about Husker football. 

Your taste will return eventually and the Huskers will win eventually - best advice is make the most of it while you can.  Here is your opportunity to drink really cheap beer and like it as much as anything else.  GBR

My feeling right now - no stress at all.  I realize it may take a few games to get everything clicking so if we don't looks great Saturday I'm not going to stress and call the entire season a failure.  I do think we win but my guess is it will be a little ugly.  2 scrimmages doesn't make a well oiled machine.   

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

My feeling right now - no stress at all.  I realize it may take a few games to get everything clicking so if we don't looks great Saturday I'm not going to stress and call the entire season a failure.  I do think we win but my guess is it will be a little ugly.  2 scrimmages doesn't make a well oiled machine.   

Everyone should understand that there are bound to be some times in the first game that don't look perfect.  As a wise man once said, the most improvement is between the first and second game.

I think they win this game by at least 10-15 points.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No one said you had to drink Kool-aid just least have a smile that's it a new season. You seem very unhappy that football is back regardless if is the Huskers or not playing.

Not for nothing, but what have any of us had to be excited about in the past 5+ years?

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No one said you had to drink Kool-aid just least have a smile that's it a new season. You seem very unhappy that football is back regardless if is the Huskers or not playing.

Dude, he simply said that his happiness doesn't hinge upon expecting a Husker victory every week. Sounds like he has a healthy outlook on life, and he has been around here a lot longer than you. Get off his nuts. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im saying your excited when then the season starts bc you don't know what your going to get win or lose. Its during the season where the results show themselves where people get turned off its not the other way around.

For some that's not necessarily the case.  The Mike Riley years he proved himself to be Callahan Lite.

There was so much hope when Frost got hired and now he's trying, I'll give him that, but the return to glory isn't going to be happening anytime soon, short of a small miracle

I'm feeling like on paper we're the best team in the B1G West heading into week one in terms of talent. But I'm sort of doubting Frost's ability to get his team's psychological element in place to actually win a lot of games.

I feel better about things at this point than I did three months ago seeing Prochazka making a recovery and what Bill Busch seems to be bringing in, and I'm predicting 7-5.

10 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Dude, he simply said that his happiness doesn't hinge upon expecting a Husker victory every week. Sounds like he has a healthy outlook on life, and he has been around here a lot longer than you. Get off his nuts. 

No one is expecting a husker victory every week least have some optimism that's all im saying. When you say you don't have any expectations that Nebraska will ever win again its like telling me why watch the games then??? He can think how he wants to think and I can understand his frustrations with the program but it doesn't do the program any good to be a debbie downer and im not the only person that feels that way someone else called him a sad person.

• Plus1 2