How are you feeling - Game week?

I'm excited every opening game, and I expect every season to be better than the last. 

That won't be so hard this season. But I gotta admit, a loss to Northwestern could make this a Dead Man Walking season before September even starts. 

A win -- however close -- and a good game by Casey Thompson, and I'm settling in for an entertaining autumn,

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm excited every opening game, and I expect every season to be better than the last. 

That won't be so hard this season. But I gotta admit, a loss to Northwestern could make this a Dead Man Walking season before September even starts. 

A win -- however close -- and a good game by Casey Thompson, and I'm settling in for an entertaining autumn,

I'm f#&%ing ecstatic for this season, havent been this pumped since prolly heading into season 2 of frosty (after finishing the first year on a somewhat strong note).

That being said, a loss to northwestern would immediately turn this raging hard on i have into micro d!(k territory.  

16 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I'm f#&%ing ecstatic for this season, havent been this pumped since prolly heading into season 2 of frosty (after finishing the first year on a somewhat strong note).

That being said, a loss to northwestern would immediately turn this raging hard on i have into micro d!(k territory.  

Casey Thompson has your little blue pill.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

It's a 24 point win.  Easy shmeezly [hey, that's Jewish, ha ha].  

I'm confident that we start it off with a fantastic win that really heightens the idea that we are back and with the easy schedule will take the year by storm.

I'll be hopeful for more of my BigRedN avatar and less of the BigBlackK avatar.

• Oh Yeah! 2

On 8/24/2022 at 5:45 AM, The Dude said:

I'm genuinely excited for the season to start for the first time in years.  

The offseason changes have given me some reason to be hopeful, instead of just expecting more of the same.

This also makes me a bit nervous because it sets me up for disappointment for the first time in years.

I feel very similar.  Without the immediate offseason changes I would feel about as excited this year as playing Minnesota last year.... "another football game of the same thing"

I am so glad we have new parts (coaches) and additions (transfers) to the team.  The returning guys are pretty good as well  chuckleshuffle (Reimer, Ty Robinson, Nelson, Henrich, Teddy, Corcoran, etc, etc, etc..).  Special Teams was even addressed as well (A coach PLUS a kicker and a punter).  

I am still chill but there is new anticipation that makes it so much better IMHO.

I feel like a bizarre mirror image of what a Husker fan is supposed to feel:  Losing culture wanting to see a good showing on the field, instead of winning culture knowing there'll be a good showing at the least, win or lose. 

Excited, yes, lots of things could go right this season and the Skers could have a run at the conference division. Realistic, bowl game and 4th in the division. Pessimistic, slightly, its Scott Frost after all.

My last game was Michigan 2018 and they're my next game. It just can't be anything like 2018. I really hope we're not in for another no-win-November.

GBR!

On 8/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

No one is expecting a husker victory every week least have some optimism that's all im saying. When you say you don't have any expectations that Nebraska will ever win again its like telling me why watch the games then??? He can think how he wants to think and I can understand his frustrations with the program but it doesn't do the program any good to be a debbie downer and im not the only person that feels that way someone else called him a sad person.

I get tired of the referencing posters as Debbie downers and insinuating it is harmful to the program. Feed and drink the koolaid which is borderline making crap up and you are a great fan. Be a realist and somehow the front row church worshipers call you a Debbie downer. I get it. New year anything could happen. The good fans tell us to wait and see how they perform to b!^@h. Ok…wait until they perform to pass the koolaid 

• Plus1 3