NHL 2022-23

Really enjoying Georgy in goal this season. I watched a lot of his games in the past because my wife is a Rangers fan, but dude has been playing well. I've seen a lot of "fans" complaining about him, but the dude is solid. Just think, once the Avs start getting people back from injuries, they are going to be a beast again.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Really enjoying Georgy in goal this season. I watched a lot of his games in the past because my wife is a Rangers fan, but dude has been playing well. I've seen a lot of "fans" complaining about him, but the dude is solid. Just think, once the Avs start getting people back from injuries, they are going to be a beast again.

I don’t see how anybody could be complaining about Georgiev’s play. He’s been very solid. When he has given up goal’s it’s almost always because of an ill timed turnover or D breakdown. IMO he’s been a big upgrade over Kuemper or Grubby.

Get MacDermid back and Cogliano goes down next game :facepalm: I’m beginning to wonder if they will ever get everyone healthy. Need Mack and Lande back bad.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/4/2023 at 12:00 PM, walksalone said:

The boys need to get healthy and ASAf*ckinP, they're one point out of the playoffs as of today...

A lot of things seemed to improve immediately when Nate came back…..except for actually winning.  Mack is crazy good but the other guys need to get used to what he can do again.  I’m hopeful they can get synced up on their timing in the next game or two and then hopefully get a couple more guys healthy.  That loss to the VGK was a heartbreaker. Gotta turn those type of games around.

• 2 weeks later...

After dropping 7 of their last 8 games I decided I would not bet on the Avs again until they get out of their funk and win a few. So…..they play Ottawa and win 7-0 (I even took Ottawa +1.5 in a parlay).:facepalm:  Now my son says I have to continue betting against Colorado until they get back in the playoff picture. Last season was so much more enjoyable. :lol:

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

After dropping 7 of their last 8 games I decided I would not bet on the Avs again until they get out of their funk and win a few. So…..they play Ottawa and win 7-0 (I even took Ottawa +1.5 in a parlay).:facepalm:  Now my son says I have to continue betting against Colorado until they get back in the playoff picture. Last season was so much more enjoyable. :lol:

Long way to go. Halfway through and still missing 1/4 of the team including Lande whose presence is required for this team to be good.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Long way to go. Halfway through and still missing 1/4 of the team including Lande whose presence is required for this team to be good.

Yeah, I wasn’t saying they had turned any corner yet.  Just commenting on how rotten my betting luck has been.

I do think they could/should be playing better than they have been even considering all the injured.  They need guys back desperately. Lande, Val, Manson, Byrum… And they need to get some guys minutes down a bit like Makar so they are more effective.  I hope Gabe makes it back this season but I’m starting to have my doubts. His recovery does not seem to be going as anticipated. At this point I am just hoping they can make the playoffs.

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I wasn’t saying they had turned any corner yet.  Just commenting on how rotten my betting luck has been.

I do think they could/should be playing better than they have been even considering all the injured.  They need guys back desperately. Lande, Val, Manson, Byrum… And they need to get some guys minutes down a bit like Makar so they are more effective.  I hope Gabe makes it back this season but I’m starting to have my doubts. His recovery does not seem to be going as anticipated. At this point I am just hoping they can make the playoffs.

They had been holding it together pretty well until this last 10 game stretch where they have lost some ground.  I hope they squeak into the playoffs also and maybe get healthy before that.  Could be the 8 seed no one wants to face.  In any case, we won the Cup last year!  So all is well if they end up missing the playoffs this year. :lol:

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, runningblind said:

They had been holding it together pretty well until this last 10 game stretch where they have lost some ground.  I hope they squeak into the playoffs also and maybe get healthy before that.  Could be the 8 seed no one wants to face.  In any case, we won the Cup last year!  So all is well if they end up missing the playoffs this year. :lol:

Got Val back today and I don’t think any new injuries. Handled Detroit 6-3, so that’s 2 decent games in a row. I’ll feel a lot better about their chances in the playoffs if they get Lande back by late Feb/early March. They just have to make up some ground without him. It looked much better last two games so maybe they can keep it going.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...