NHL 2022-23

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yea yea yea…..

I’m still pissed after watching that pathetic display by the Avs.

They are nowhere near the same team they were last season.

Snapped the Pens 4-game losing streak and snapped the Avs 6-game winning streak 

Put the Pens back in the 2nd wild card spot so they can get destroyed by Boston :lol:

2 hours ago, GSG said:

Snapped the Pens 4-game losing streak and snapped the Avs 6-game winning streak 

Put the Pens back in the 2nd wild card spot so they can get destroyed by Boston :lol:

That WC#2 spot in the East is not a good place to be. Maybe they can go on a run and move up to WC#1….put it off a bit longer.

My son summed up last nights game well. Avs played with a 6 on 5 advantage for the final 5 minutes and Jarry had more shots on goal than they did :lol:

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That WC#2 spot in the East is not a good place to be. Maybe they can go on a run and move up to WC#1….put it off a bit longer.

My son summed up last nights game well. Avs played with a 6 on 5 advantage for the final 5 minutes and Jarry had more shots on goal than they did :lol:

I actually missed that part. I was surprised how well Pittsburgh played considering how bad they have been lately 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry @GSG that your Pens wet the bed.

I will be cheering for any team playing the Bruins in the playoffs unless the Leafs face them in the second round. I don’t really like any of the Eastern conference options as a neutral. 

Will be cheering for the Kraken in the west as they haven’t been around long enough for me to gain a distaste for them.

• Plus1 1
On 4/12/2023 at 10:26 PM, default_28 said:

Sorry @GSG that your Pens wet the bed.

I will be cheering for any team playing the Bruins in the playoffs unless the Leafs face them in the second round. I don’t really like any of the Eastern conference options as a neutral. 

Will be cheering for the Kraken in the west as they haven’t been around long enough for me to gain a distaste for them.

To be clear, my +1 was for your comments on the east and not for cheering for the Kraken <_< :lol:

4 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I always tell anyone who will listen (and some who won't) that there is nothing better than playoff hockey. The first night was fantastic with two excellent games going into OT, and the visiting team winning both. I love this time of year! 

Yeah all 4 games were good but those 2 OT games were nuts. The best part is, Minny and Dallas beat the absolute s#!t out of each other and had to go 2 extra periods. Maybe that will soften them up a bit for the Avs (if we get past the Kraken).

• Plus1 2

We choked.  Again... :(

Oilers leading 3-1 in 3rd period.  LA Kings score and then get the tying goal with :16.2 seconds left.  And we lose in overtime.  

Maybe we will rebound, because we are a pretty good team and just won 9 in a row, and haven't lost in 15 games.  But still, the ending to the 3rd period killed me.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

We choked.  Again... :(

Oilers leading 3-1 in 3rd period.  LA Kings score and then get the tying goal with :16.2 seconds left.  And we lose in overtime.  

Maybe we will rebound, because we are a pretty good team and just won 9 in a row, and haven't lost in 15 games.  But still, the ending to the 3rd period killed me.

…and it killed my 3 team parlay :steam

Had Bruins, Canes and Oilers. Edmonton should not have lost that game, it shouldn’t even have gone to OT.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

…and it killed my 3 team parlay :steam

Had Bruins, Canes and Oilers. Edmonton should not have lost that game, it shouldn’t even have gone to OT.

Ouch !  Hey brotha I am sorry you lost that parlay. :steam

I agree, it should not have been an OT game.  Clock ticking down... under a minute left... Kings need to score... and with 16 seconds left in the game, something pretty incredible happened for them.... they made a play and scored.  It sucked, but I tip my hat to them.

Betting - I want NOOO part of any team going into the playoffs from a hot winning streak to end the regular season.  I don't trust it lol

• Plus1 1