NHL 2022-23

1 hour ago, walksalone said:

Can Campbell keep them in enough games to get them a decent seed?

Not sure, because I really feel like last year was our ceiling (making it to the series).  I do believe we can skate and score... and will be in the hunt.  I just don't think we will get very far when the playoffs come.  The West too good.

8 hours ago, walksalone said:

At this point last year, the Av's had a worse record than they do now.

They're not gonna have Gabe back until at least January, and Big Val's been hurting.

If their record looked like this, and it was February/March, then i'd be crying wolf...

Yeah, nothing to worry about yet. Gabe and Val out at the same time was not ideal. Hopefully Val doesn’t miss much time while Lande is unavailable. Plus they’re still toying with line combinations.

I don’t want to whine about their schedule cuz they’re big boys and should handle it but playing a late game on opening night and then having to go out of country the following night to play at Calgary was a bit of s#!t. They got to their hotel about 4AM….and it showed.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, nothing to worry about yet. Gabe and Val out at the same time was not ideal. Hopefully Val doesn’t miss much time while Lande is unavailable. Plus they’re still toying with line combinations.

I don’t want to whine about their schedule cuz they’re big boys and should handle it but playing a late game on opening night and then having to go out of country the following night to play at Calgary was a bit of s#!t. They got to their hotel about 4AM….and it showed.

And you know hockey players... which means beers by 4:15AM lol

(well, the several I knew and the word across the league)

8 hours ago, walksalone said:

Because their in Finland, game starts at noon central, 11am Mtn

Hopefully they can take two from a severely underwhelming Blue Jackets squad...

Got to watch most of it while I worked today. Avs looked pretty good except for the stretch where they tried to blow a 3 goal lead again.:facepalm:  Moose got the hat trick in his native country so that was neat.

Thought it was kinda cool, they're the home team today and visitors tomorrow. Even had Roach, their Ball Arena announcer. Got to pick the music and everything just like a home game. And that Finnish national anthem….pretty lively :lol:

17 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Got to watch most of it while I worked today. Avs looked pretty good except for the stretch where they tried to blow a 3 goal lead again.:facepalm:  Moose got the hat trick in his native country so that was neat.

Thought it was kinda cool, they're the home team today and visitors tomorrow. Even had Roach, their Ball Arena announcer. Got to pick the music and everything just like a home game. And that Finnish national anthem….pretty lively :lol:

I listened to it at work...

Stop taking penalties and they should beat these guys again...

I’m struggling to figure out this Carolina team. Thought they’d make a lot more noise in the playoffs last year but they didn’t. Tonight they play a playoff level game against the Avs (even if they did lose 4-1). First team I’ve seen actually skate with the Avs in a long time. They look for real again but their PP needs some work.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, JJ Husker said:

I’m struggling to figure out this Carolina team. Thought they’d make a lot more noise in the playoffs last year but they didn’t. Tonight they play a playoff level game against the Avs (even if they did lose 4-1). First team I’ve seen actually skate with the Avs in a long time. They look for real again but their PP needs some work.

They are a good team, their goaltending would worry me, but yeah, they gave everything back that was thrown at them....

And a note to the league, don't take a penalty, the Av's will make you pay for it...