NHL 2022-23

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s okay. I lose plenty of parlays :lol:

Me too !  I love them on paper chuckleshuffle  

And then the puck drops and I get this   :rickjames  :nutz

But still, I think this gone be a good post season and best of luck to your Avalanchers !!!  

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Looks like the Avs are going to be one SC and done. They are built for so much more but they don’t have the eye of the tiger they had the last two seasons. The desire just hasn’t shown on the ice.

Don't be so hard on your team, because we all realize they had a tough year with injuries and stuff, BUT also taking every team's best shot on ice - since they are the reigning champs.

I am not counting them out so easily.  It's one game.

They just got Krakened :)

8 minutes ago, admo said:

Don't be so hard on your team, because we all realize they had a tough year with injuries and stuff, BUT also taking every team's best shot on ice - since they are the reigning champs.

I am not counting them out so easily.  It's one game.

They just got Krakened :)

It’s not just one game. I’ve watched almost every period they’ve played for the last 3 years. Yes they’ve had a bunch of injuries limiting them and of course every team gives their best effort against the reigning SC champs but there is something else missing.

They may come back and win the Kraken series but no way they win the cup or probably even the west. It is not a skill or injury issue. They have just been playing with little sense of urgency all year.

(and when I trash talk MacKinnon he usually turns around and proves me wrong :D)

• Oh Yeah! 1

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You were right. They flipped the switch.

I don’t see them winning it this year. They have essentially one good line, and that’s not gonna be enough to get it done.  Kadri and Landy were huge in the playoffs last year for them, and neither of them are walking through that door. 

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I don’t see them winning it this year. They have essentially one good line, and that’s not gonna be enough to get it done.  Kadri and Landy were huge in the playoffs last year for them, and neither of them are walking through that door. 

I agree but I don’t necessarily think it is just because of Lande and Kadri. They would help immensely, especially to push more depth down to the 3rd and 4th lines, but the desire required for a long playoff slog just hasn’t seemed to be there. I think they’ll be lucky to get past Seattle.

The thing is, when they really want to play and skate, they are more than good enough to beat anyone…..but four 7 games series, not likely this year.

• Fire 1