So here's who the Huskers booked as entertainment for the men's basketball home opener

So I was browsing through Reddit and noticed that the Huskers, a school with a rich storied history and also provides wholesome family entertainment... booked a RAP artist called EST Gee (no, I am not making this up) for the opening men's basketball game on November 7th against Maine.

Firstly, rap music is unacceptable. It contains cuss words and language that is unacceptable in today's society. Second, what happened to the days when schools would book country, jazz and classical musicians, or even better, cheerleaders, marching bands and mascot stunts as entertainment? Allowing a rap artist to come and perform his profane-laced, toxic music is unacceptable.

The youth of today should be listening to country, classical and jazz music, not rap music. The University knows better, if they were smart, they'd tell this rapper to take his act elsewhere!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Husk517 said:

So I was browsing through Reddit and noticed that the Huskers, a school with a rich storied history and also provides wholesome family entertainment... booked a RAP artist called EST Gee (no, I am not making this up) for the opening men's basketball game on November 7th against Maine.

Firstly, rap music is unacceptable. It contains cuss words and language that is unacceptable in today's society. Second, what happened to the days when schools would book country, jazz and classical musicians, or even better, cheerleaders, marching bands and mascot stunts as entertainment? Allowing a rap artist to come and perform his profane-laced, toxic music is unacceptable.

The youth of today should be listening to country, classical and jazz music, not rap music. The University knows better, if they were smart, they'd tell this rapper to take his act elsewhere!

They are not having EST Gee there before the Maine game.  He will perform at the end of the "Meet the Huskers" event on September 30th.  If it is like last year, the teams will be introduced, both the men & women will have a "scrimmage", then there will be a skills contest (last year was a three point contest) and then EST Gee will go on stage.  Many people left before or just after G Herbo started (yes, another rapper).

The youth of today are never going to listen to jazz or classical as a whole.  Like it or not, rap is currently the popular music of today - just like rock was when I was growing up.  I think rap is going through it's "disco" phase or "hair metal" phase where some of it is good, but most of it sucks.

The last two years (including this one) the have brought in rappers because they are trying to appeal to a younger crowd (including the players).

10 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I needed to see for myself what he was about. 

I checked out a couple of his songs on YouTube after the announcement.  I wasn't impressed.  They both had the exact same beat with different lyrics.  I will probably stick around for at least part of his set after the Meet the Huskers event.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, Husk517 said:

Lol...not a fan of rap but less a fan of this close minded view

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
  • 1 month later...

On 8/22/2022 at 7:20 PM, Husk517 said:

giphy.gif

okay-waka-flocka.gif

• Plus1 1