Northwestern Prediction Thread

I see most of us are drinking the kool-aid again. I don’t want to be pessimistic, but does anyone remember last year when we played against Illinois’s third string QB and a brand new head coach and lost with our fourth year starter. I think we’ll beat Northwestern, but after that happened last year and Frost being 1-3 in season openers. I wouldn’t count Northwestern out of it at all! 

• Plus1 3

I have to think, nay, believe our ST problems will be at least 50% better than previous SF yrs. Do that, and we’re automatically better. 

dem wildcats will make this a war of attrition and slow the game down to snails pace. But we just out Athlete them, finally. We’ll breakthrough with 3-4 big plays that they can’t match cuz not as good as athletes. 

we’ll be down 14-10 at half then win 34-17 at the end. 

my bold prediction is that NW will score in the 1st half with a trick play/on-side/fake type TD.  

Then we’ll settle down and win the game with better players. 

Veteran college betting line guy on the radio pleaded caution. He thinks Nebraska will cover, but doesn't believe the team is as good as last year, and we will miss Adrian Martinez more than we think. He also said last year's 3-9 team made a statistical case for being the #26 team in the nation. 

It's all about attitude. If the Huskers are balls-out in the fourth quarter, I'll be a believer. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Huskerchief said:

I see most of us are drinking the kool-aid again. I don’t want to be pessimistic, but does anyone remember last year when we played against Illinois’s third string QB and a brand new head coach and lost with our fourth year starter. I think we’ll beat Northwestern, but after that happened last year and Frost being 1-3 in season openers. I wouldn’t count Northwestern out of it at all! 

This post has aged…

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our rush defense might be horrific. Northwestern has decent RBs, so I can see them grinding this game out. Add in to-be-expected Nebraska mistakes and...

Northwestern 24

Nebraska 21

I was off by a TD by both teams.

Nebraska football is a joke. Frost doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Mike Riley.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1