*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

Outsider here from Tennessee. Us 2 fan bases have been going through this similar turmoil for years on end now. Hopefully ours is about to end with Josh Heupel appearing to be a promising hire. If I'm Nebraska brass their are 3 names I'm seriously considering once Frost is canned. Gary Patterson currently at Texas, Bryan Harsin who's about to be fired at Auburn, and Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina. Good day Husker fans. Hopefully it gets better.

2 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

they won't light him up in the press conference, but the negative editorials will begin in the world herald.  Scott will likely be dismissed mid-season.

Can he just go now?  There are enough assistant coaches that his departure won’t be noticed. The ONE call he made was a disaster. 

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Onside kick was a bad idea on the timing, I think it should have been saved for later in the year. I understand the idea of trying to recover and bury with another score, but with how our defense played, I wouldn't trust them with much. Receivers having several balls hit them in hands and dropping is a big concern. Tackling was piss poor up and down the board. I'd reconsider each of the defensive captains as none were impressive and caused several issues with their mistakes.  

I don't envy that plane flight tonight.

Plane flight home will be brutal. Maybe some fisticuffs. Im thinking folks hit the transfer portal…..again. Smothers got 8 quick yards. Then out. Lots of questions. Frost goes, most of the staff stays in place. 

• Plus1 1

We have players. Our online is suspect. Runnings back are players, wide outs need to match catches, qb are legit, but mainly our coaches Scott frost needy to make good choices. You don’t kick inside when we haven’t been consistent in four year. Wake up. I’m tired of bad play. Fire Scott frost. New facilities new coach keep some coaches but let Scott go he sucks too bad piece

We lack talent mentality and experience on D but they gave us plenty of chances along with NW being conservative. Offense didn’t adjust to find strengths and put NW on their heels in the second half. But above all else their is an environment that does a lot of talking but no fight when it matters most. I feel frost has all the tools and our talent has consistently headed in the right direction but the leadership just hasn’t pushed us to excellence. No matter how many plays we point out it won’t change the fact that it all points to the top to continually be this team.