*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

Nebraska can cut off press access. Remember last year when the press went negative on Frost when there was a lot of talk that he was done, then magically started pushing for one more year?

That's because Trev got his answer from the boosters and admin and the U had to 180 its campaign to get the fans ready.

You guys are crazy if you think our press doesn't take marching orders.

Also to the poster above me. Take it easy Francis.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, lo country said:

We all did TBH.  

Main things are the offensive line and secondary primarily. That's a vulnerability that was exposed, the secondary IMO. Both lines. Flashes of good running. Not nearly consistent enough there. It's not so much about the backs. Defense put too much pressure on the offense.  They're more effective, it's a better game. Good enough to win anyway. Tackling was poor at times.  Did not stop the run nearly effectively enough. Field position issues as well. Got to have better returns. Onside kick was a bad decision. It's a culmination of things. We keep finding ways to lose. I think we have a good quarterback despite his errors. I'm a supporter of Scott and I hate to say it, he's got to do better keeping his composure as well. He got on edge and stayed there. It affects the team. There were fewer penalties, much better kicking. We weren't good enough with our strengths to compensate for our weaknesses. There's work to be done pretty much across the board. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

Nebraska can cut off press access. Remember last year when the press went negative on Frost when there was a lot of talk that he was done, then magically started pushing for one more year?

That's because Trev got his answer from the boosters and admin and the U had to 180 its campaign to get the fans ready.

You guys are crazy if you think our press doesn't take marching orders.

Who thinks that?

14 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I would feel better if we scheduled USC or Ohio St or Michigan the first game of the year so when we lost it at least made some sense and would be expected.  Last two seasons we have played a cellular dweller and lost.  Come on Big 10, give us Ohio St next season in Paris.!

Bro WE are the cellar dweller lol

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Again, the transfers we received all came from big time programs who failed last year.  We didn't get players who played for the national title and contributed.  Sean Callahan, and all of these hype masters who keep throwing praise at ever player we recruit or get via portal need to stop.  Our 4 star players don't even look like other schools 4 star players, no matter the position.  Big Red hype machine is long overdue for a change as well. 

I got a load of crap for stating the obvious...who would want to come play here? My point was, they aren't locker room leaders, maybe they are stuck in a #2 slot behind an upperclassman stud, fine. But most of them are likely prima donnas who are terrible "team" guys and were disruptive in their prior school so they took their stuff and left. We DON'T NEED MORE OF THEM. We need team players. We need unity. We need to forget records, history and * ratings for recruiting and coach kids up. Get them here, make them stronger and coach them to their max potential. None of that is happening. The end. Mic drop, whatever. Today sucked. I'm ashamed.