*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

16 hours ago, lo country said:

Best "Off the bus team in the B1G".....Huskermax had a really good thread about our issues with S&C.  Really enlightening TBH.

I have been preaching that we have needed a new S&C staff for the last 3 years or so.  Duval is NOT a good S&C coach.  The guy I would love to see come here would be Jerry Schmidt, OU's S&C coach now.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

We just got beat by a team that wasn't creative at all.  NW didn't do anything fancy, they just lined up and played physical football. 

This is a good point.

They didn’t have to use misdirection or tricks.  We got pushed around by Northwestern.  Just like Wisconsin and Iowa always do.

I thought Illinois looked decent against Wyoming.  Not looking good.

• Plus1 2

Nebraska began the trip to irrelevance when they started the losing streak to Texas in the 1996 Big XII Championship.  Why?  May be it was joining the Big XII and losing the "County Scholarship" program?  May be it was leaving the Big XII and losing the Texas recruiting ground?  May be it was a succession of horrible coaching hires?  IDK. But you can trace the beginning of the precipitous fall for Nebraska to 1996 in St. Louis.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

The most conservative coach in the conference just beat you and the lesson he takes from that is to be more creative. How about getting some of the basics down 1st.

The creativity in his comment is even more impressive.  To be that bad for four years, and then make this bonehead remark is highly creative - creating a scenario in your head only you buy.

• Plus1 1