Frost Warning has been issued

4 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

He can't manage a game for ****...... can't wait for him to be fired! New season same team! That onside kick call was the worst call I've ever seen in College Football! :facepalm:

Things were going to good with Whipple calling the plays so Scott had to try and insert himself into the game. All he had to do was sit back and win but he couldn’t do it. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Another brutal article.  And they are not stopping...

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/tad-stryker-you-see-any-change-nebraska-northwestern-football-2022?fbclid=IwAR2AvQgHmq2twCr3cYTIKRHNdETWL_B0vdhEV7-YxQe_rERTp848eNqABzs

Saw some Tweets from Crouch, TF, AA, Compton and Carriker that were not flattering either....

He’s right that they are not physical. So, for crying out loud, how are they supposed to compete against any of the Big teams? And OU doesn’t look promising. Frost seemed like the perfect hire when he came to Lincoln. But he has been a total bust. New players; same story. 

• Plus1 2

18 hours ago, Kentmick said:

You don't hire someone who has never been a head coach at a major program at this point. We did that with Solich, BC, Pelini, Riley, and now Frost.

The common denominator is glaring. It is time to go after a thoroughbred.

You literally just named every coach we've hired since TO who by the way had never been a head coach at a major program.  This is a strawman argument.  Very few people have any idea who we offered before any of the coaches you listed.  You can offer every thoroughbred in the herd, but it matters little if none will come here.  

Another thing that really needs to be considered here is the fact we don't even know who the thoroughbreds are with the changes of the last couple of years.  With the transfer portal and now the NIL, some coaches who were once considered thoroughbreds will fail.  Some coaches who were just considered mediocre will shine.  College football players have basically become professional athletes.  Great coaches in the past might not be great coaches in the future.  

15 hours ago, runningblind said:

They were physical to start.  NW was physical all day.  That's the ballgame. 

I never saw the dramatic push that we heard of during the spring and fall.  Players commenting about how much better the are at firing off the line.  How they are more aggressive.  NW ate our lunch, took our lunch maybe and bought dessert. It was embarrassing.  

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I never saw the dramatic push that we heard of during the spring and fall.  Players commenting about how much better the are at firing off the line.  How they are more aggressive.  NW ate our lunch, took our lunch maybe and bought dessert. It was embarrassing.  

I too expected something else, going by the words spoken by Frost and others on practice observances.  Good practice does not necessarily mean a good game, we see (again).  I guess their practices are better than under Riley.  But their games still are not better. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Knowing what we now know about the defense, it's not surprising the offensive line looked better in camp.  Wait until we play a team with a pulse.  Yeesh.

40 minutes ago, Hagg said:

I too expected something else, going by the words spoken by Frost and others on practice observances.  Good practice does not necessarily mean a good game, we see (again).  I guess their practices are better than under Riley.  But their games still are not better. 

Frost words are coach speak. The others reporting from practices are Nebraska writers who are desperately trying to capture clicks and readers. It's hard to sell the same product over and over but somehow Nebraska beat writers do it. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Knowing what we now know about the defense, it's not surprising the offensive line looked better in camp.  Wait until we play a team with a pulse.  Yeesh.

37 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That's what scares me.  Our O went against or D which looked slow, flat footed, lost and out of place much of the game.  Makes sense that our O would feel better.  And then the stories of the D getting the best of the O at that Sat scrimmage.  Yikes!

And it's not like you can point to one specific point or position to "fix".  I said in one of the threads, but the DL played looked different with Dawson back as DL coach.  Tuioti seemed to have them playing better.....Did he coach Nelson, Tannor etc?   And the season gets harder after the next two games.  I'm not counting out Georgia Southern TBH.  Rutgers should be better in year 3 with Schiano.  Allen should have Indiana competitive again.......

Carriker summed it up best.  We need to go 3-9 or 9-3.  Don't need a 6-6 season still wondering ehat we have....

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, lo country said:

That's what scares me.  Our O went against or D which looked slow, flat footed, lost and out of place much of the game.  Makes sense that our O would feel better.  And then the stories of the D getting the best of the O at that Sat scrimmage.  Yikes!

And it's not like you can point to one specific point or position to "fix".  I said in one of the threads, but the DL played looked different with Dawson back as DL coach.  Tuioti seemed to have them playing better.....Did he coach Nelson, Tannor etc?   And the season gets harder after the next two games.  I'm not counting out Georgia Southern TBH.  Rutgers should be better in year 3 with Schiano.  Allen should have Indiana competitive again.......

Carriker summed it up best.  We need to go 3-9 or 9-3.  Don't need a 6-6 season still wondering ehat we have....

Thompson did well against pressure.  The recipe for Nebraska will remain the same as it’s been for over a decade.  Overwhelm the line and make the QB beat you.  Other teams will have better pressure.

• Plus1 2