Northwestern: What did we learn?

Coaches make calls like on-side kicks in the first half when they're feeling the pressure they're under to improve.  That's totally a stress-induced call.  

I learned that I'm going to have to figure out something to do on Saturdays because I can't do this to myself for another season.  I can't spend an entire off-season full of optimism and excitement only to see all of those hopes dashed because nothing has improved.   

I learned that Nebraska has the absolute best, GOAT hype-team of any college in the US.  They spent months putting out incredible hype videos and pretty much telling the fanbase that things are going to be different this season.  And many of us believed it.  At least, I believed it.  

And what I saw today was heartbreaking.  

I had a girlfriend do this sort of thing to me once.  My friends begged me to get her out of my life.  She was abusive and cruel.  I'm waiting for them to tell me the same thing about this team.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

In the post game presser Frost admitted to calling the onside kick.  I'd like to hear him admit to some other important mistakes, such as keeping his friend Chinander in spite of the history of allowing just enough points to lose close games at this school. 

10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

4.  Frost still sucks as a head coach...no other way around it.  He has one of the lowest football IQs I have ever seen.

Seriously there are so many decisions in the last few years I'm just utterly surprised by. How did UCF go undefeated with him. 

Like how did they overcome all these terrible decisions. 

• Fire 2
  1. Rahmir Johnson was a bright spot last year. 0 touches today 
  2. "blackshirts" gave up over 500 yards to a very average NW offense 
  3. the onside kick call was the worst decision I've maybe ever seen 
  4. we put in walk-on Wyatt Liewer out of nowhere for a game winning drive 
  5. we punted well and didn't have penalties. sadly few good things today 
  • Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Terrabus said:

Coaches make calls like on-side kicks in the first half when they're feeling the pressure they're under to improve.  That's totally a stress-induced call.  

I learned that I'm going to have to figure out something to do on Saturdays because I can't do this to myself for another season.  I can't spend an entire off-season full of optimism and excitement only to see all of those hopes dashed because nothing has improved.   

I learned that Nebraska has the absolute best, GOAT hype-team of any college in the US.  They spent months putting out incredible hype videos and pretty much telling the fanbase that things are going to be different this season.  And many of us believed it.  At least, I believed it.  

And what I saw today was heartbreaking.  

I had a girlfriend do this sort of thing to me once.  My friends begged me to get her out of my life.  She was abusive and cruel.  I'm waiting for them to tell me the same thing about this team.  

It's called "gaslighting".

He's got a chance to be the best 2-10 team in the country.

• Fire 2
Just now, BIG ERN said:
  1. Rahmir Johnson was a bright spot last year. 0 touches today 
  2. "blackshirts" gave up over 500 yards to a very average NW offense 
  3. the onside kick call was the worst decision I've maybe ever seen 
  4. we put in walk-on Wyatt Liewer out of nowhere for a game winning drive 
  5. we punted well and didn't have penalties. sadly few good things today 

1-4 are some of the most bafflingly bad decisions. Just bonkers.

• Plus1 1